Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Odd upgrade freeze today

Earlier while I was performing the ability mat challenges I jumped over 2 my character roster & I realized there was not a single character's weapon that was "upgradable" (is that a word?) I was a bit purturbed. The appropriate amount of ability mats was enumerated when I selected a weapon but the upgrade buttons were not activated. I went through all the typical troubleshooting measures with no change. When I fought a GW battle and checked back on the roster all of my available upgrades were shown. It seems 2 have sorted itself out. Any other headaches like this 1?
  • "kushman9871;179462" wrote:
    "Anraeth;179450" wrote:
    "BentWookie;179446" wrote:
    "kushman9871;179435" wrote:
    "BentWookie;179431" wrote:
    I find that if I see something odd (gfx glitches etc.) I just shut down the app and reloading usually fixes it.
    It might be a cache is due or a tired hamster on the server.

It sounds like it worked out for you... Very cool!

I don't understand the hamster reference...

Oh.. It's an old Network thing. When the network is running slow and you can't figure it out and then it seems fix itself, "they must have changed the hamster on the server" Because you know.. A hamster, running on his wheel powers the server.

It was an attempt at using humor. :/

This is why we can't have nice things, back to the 90s box with you!
    http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/weirdness_the_fresh_prince_meets_super_mario_in_this_toe_tapping_mash_up/large.jpg

Yes, I'm a technological dinosour. When I was a kid I went 2 Toys R Us to purchase Star Wars figures when they only cost about a buck & a half. If I had been teleported into a movie theater 2 see the latest SW flick that was recently released I may have not known how 2 act.

My friend's daughter almost failed an early vision test because they had a picture of a rotary phone and she couldn't identify it. She had no problem seeing it, just had no idea what it was. :D
  • "Rolf;179575" wrote:
    "kushman9871;179462" wrote:
    "Anraeth;179450" wrote:
    "BentWookie;179446" wrote:
    "kushman9871;179435" wrote:
    "BentWookie;179431" wrote:
    I find that if I see something odd (gfx glitches etc.) I just shut down the app and reloading usually fixes it.
    It might be a cache is due or a tired hamster on the server.

It sounds like it worked out for you... Very cool!

I don't understand the hamster reference...

Oh.. It's an old Network thing. When the network is running slow and you can't figure it out and then it seems fix itself, "they must have changed the hamster on the server" Because you know.. A hamster, running on his wheel powers the server.

It was an attempt at using humor. :/

This is why we can't have nice things, back to the 90s box with you!
    http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/weirdness_the_fresh_prince_meets_super_mario_in_this_toe_tapping_mash_up/large.jpg

Yes, I'm a technological dinosour. When I was a kid I went 2 Toys R Us to purchase Star Wars figures when they only cost about a buck & a half. If I had been teleported into a movie theater 2 see the latest SW flick that was recently released I may have not known how 2 act.

My friend's daughter almost failed an early vision test because they had a picture of a rotary phone and she couldn't identify it. She had no problem seeing it, just had no idea what it was. :D

That's funny! Or, maybe it's not. At least in relation 2 how old I'm apparently getting...
  • Saw a YouTube video were a mom gave her kids a walkman and a cassette tape, they had no clue on how to use it
    scuba75
    Rising Rookie
    "Ztyle;180292" wrote:
    Saw a YouTube video were a mom gave her kids a walkman and a cassette tape, they had no clue on how to use it

I tired to explain to someone about those and how the music sounded when the battery would start going dead.
  • "scuba;180301" wrote:
    "Ztyle;180292" wrote:
    Saw a YouTube video were a mom gave her kids a walkman and a cassette tape, they had no clue on how to use it

I tired to explain to someone about those and how the music sounded when the battery would start going dead.

Then try telling people how computers worked back then, both the cassette and floppy ones
    scuba75
    Rising Rookie
    "Ztyle;180315" wrote:
    "scuba;180301" wrote:
    "Ztyle;180292" wrote:

Then try telling people how computers worked back then, both the cassette and floppy ones

Yes my old Vic 20. My dad said Commadore 64 was too advanced/expensive