Forum Discussion

Thorvald4
New Traveler
15 days ago

Omicrons

I would like to know why CG stopped putting Omicrons on the older characters. I know you guys are bringing in newer guys and putting it on them, but you guys should still put them on some older ones as well. Make them more relevant. 

dogwelder79
    Seasoned Rookie

CG should slow down with the omicrons. Not every new toon needs to have one. And definitely not 3 or 4. Make it something special, not the new zetas.

Tenebrae-3626
      New Scout

I think we all know that's not going to happen any time soon.

I agree though. JG and Conquest toons should definitely have omicron abilities. I have nothing against the occasional marquee toons having them, especially if it's an essential part of a GL team (e.g., Drogan), but not every new toon needs to come with an omi. At the very least, make a few of them TB specific, Force knows we could use more of them.

• They do put crons on older toons to make them relevant again. Datacrons. Omicrons are reserved for new characters that bring a profit. Case in point: look up the lvl9 abilities for Pao, Moff Gideon, Eeth Koth in dcron set 17. MG and Eeth's are so stupidly powerful that CG are already investigating 2 turn meter loops the new crons have created. 

Think of dcrons as time-limited omicrons. On the other hand, they work in GAC and TW intsead of being locked to one gamemode. 

Also, do you really want more omicrons to apply when we get 3-4 conquest characters per year that have triple omicrons + triple omicron legendaries twice a year? I am constantly behind on omicrons. I don't need HK-47 to get a badass omicron so I can not have that one as well because I still need QA's special.