Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Overhauling TW

I think with a little effort CG could make Territory wars one of the most exciting game modes to play. Im sure the logistics are a nightmare but I propose CG expand TW into a 3 guild struggle for power. Leave the zones the same and let us attack both opposing guilds at the same time.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    TW matchmaking already struggles trying to find an even matchup between 2 guilds. 3 sounds like a nightmare.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "TVF;c-2399129" wrote:
    I can't wrap my head around how this would work

I would assume like the Disney game, since that's how their 'TW' works.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "TVF;c-2399135" wrote:
    Since I've never played it I still don't get it.

It's been a while, but it was a triangular field. Each guild set defenses, and at the start you attack. Clearing a territory means it's now yours, and you gain points for holding it for so long. Don't remember what happens to defenses when you take over a territory. Similar to Forge of Empires if you ever played that.
  • "StarSon;c-2399141" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2399135" wrote:

It's been a while, but it was a triangular field. Each guild set defenses, and at the start you attack. Clearing a territory means it's now yours, and you gain points for holding it for so long. Don't remember what happens to defenses when you take over a territory. Similar to Forge of Empires if you ever played that.

I thought of a triangular field but OP said "leave the zones the same"
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "TVF;c-2399143" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-2399141" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2399135" wrote:

Oh, yeah, that wouldn't really work. If you're going to add a third guild you have to change the map.
  • "StarSon;c-2399146" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2399143" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-2399141" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2399135" wrote:

Oh, yeah, that wouldn't really work. If you're going to add a third guild you have to change the map.

They don’t have to change the map but of course it may be easier to change the map completely than overhaul the framework to change the angle at which you see the TW board.
  • For an average guild, I believe that would cut win rate to 1/3 of their current rate.
    Of course, I'm probably making way too many assumptions not the least of which the matchmaking system is sophisticated and use sound quantitative logic sorting.

Regardless of flawed assumptions, No thanks if it means a consistent mathematical reduction to average guild win rate.