Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Phase 1 Geo TB Bug Mission and General Grievous and B1 Battle Droid Interaction

In P1 of Geo TB there is a mission to use Geonosians but it forces the use of Poggle as the leader. This seems horrible given that GBA is a much better leader for the team. This needs to be fixed!

Also, I assume this has been discussed and it is potentially the way it was intended to be, but in Geo TB where Sep Droids are used a lot more and for longer times vs stronger AI characters the interaction seems horrible.

GG says his damage to droid allies cannot defeat them, but it does "kill" the B1 thus removing stacks. Sure I can use their special to gain some back, and also at start of turn, but due to the AI attacks on the B1 along with GG taking them down and it being a long fight due to 4 waves and high tier enemies it is having a negative impact on their synergy IMO.
  • "Liath;c-1938763" wrote:
    Making you gear Poggle and level his leader ability is a feature, not a bug.

Technically it's both.

(Awards Night 1986)
  • The thing is, Geo TB makes you gear them both no matter what, so I fail to see how anyone can defend this.

I cannot do the mission without Poggle, and if he is low gear he gets destroyed, as well he should, and then things can go south due to that. You need all 5 bugs at G12/G13 to do this TB from start to finish, so why should you not be able to choose from both leaders?
  • "Saix_XIII;c-1938771" wrote:
    The thing is, Geo TB makes you gear them both no matter what, so I fail to see how anyone can defend this.

I cannot do the mission without Poggle, and if he is low gear he gets destroyed, as well he should, and then things can go south due to that. You need all 5 bugs at G12/G13 to do this TB from start to finish, so why should you not be able to choose from both leaders?

Why *should* you be able to? There's nothing to defend, because there's nothing unreasonable about any particular requirement; that's just how TB works. I didn't want to use ROLO lead in the final Hoth mission, but, too bad for me, I didn't get a choice. Leveling Poggle's leader ability is something you might do now that you wouldn't have done if he wasn't required as leader, so it gets you to spend more resources even if you would have geared him anyway. You're ok with every other forced leader in this TB (like Nute with droids for the other P1 mission)? Why? Just because you would level those leader abilities anyway? Well there you go. And also keep in mind that not everybody participating in this TB is doing it "from start to finish," there are guilds that are spending multiple days on a phase, and the people in those guilds probably aren't gearing 5 bugs to g12/13 right now. It's just another incentive to put resources into something you otherwise might not have.
  • Forcing a team comp, a partial team comp, or a lead is just a way to force variety into the game mode. I don't see the problem with that.