Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Pls Delete

Had the pleasure of encountering a GAC cheater today. Pretty blatant about it. Reported through ingame report button. Reviewed their swgoh.gg GAC history to confirm before posting this.

Currently faced them in round 3 of this GAC. Based in their roster and what they dropped on defense, there was zero way they had teams left to be able to one shot an R6/5 DR/malak with datacron, an R5 GAS 501st, and an R5 Padme. Let alone the rest of my defenses to clear the board.

First time I've faced a cheating opponent. Well, that I've noticed at least. Tad bit aggravating.
  • "CopperSol;d-259463" wrote:
    Had the pleasure of encountering a GAC cheater today. Pretty blatant about it. Reported through ingame report button. Reviewed their swgoh.gg GAC history to confirm before posting this.

Is it your or their ally code? If it is theirs, you will have to remove it or your post might/will be deleted.
  • Change for the better is not the CG way! Unless they could monetize us exposing xheaters, theyd rather focus on more "fun" things like which datacrons to make that will make PvP heck for the next xx months.
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "StarSon;c-2387034" wrote:
    The name and shame rule is there to protect CG, not the cheater. If we can't name and shame, then we can't track CG not banning the cheaters.

I think its a good rule in the sense it protects people from being harassed from false allegations

There are people who claim xyz is cheating just because they think they set a good defense but its a beatable defense and are quick to harass that player without knowing they lost fair and square

Personally I would love a name and shame thread
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Ravens1113;c-2387040" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2387037" wrote:
    The name and shame rule is there to protect CG, not the cheater. If we can't name and shame, then we can't track CG not banning the cheaters.

I think its a good rule in the sense it protects people from being harassed from false allegations

There are people who claim xyz is cheating just because they think they set a good defense but its a beatable defense and are quick to harass that player without knowing they lost fair and square

Except in instances like this…

ok but that doesn't mean we will have lots of instances where a player hasn't cheated and being harassed and accused of cheating by a sore loser if naming and shaming was a lot

Those instances are immediately locked and removed from the board, so...
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2387030" wrote:
    @Legend91

You can already name and shame on a million and one infinities worth of websites. CG makes the rules the way that they do b/c while this one seems ridiculously clear to us, what if someone else posts something that THEY think is clear, but others do not. CG doesn't want to bicker and argue over who killed who which cheating is obvious and clear and which cheating is pretty convincing to most people but certainly not proven, etc.

Here the rule is clear: no identifying potential cheaters, no matter how definitive you think the case against them may be.

Personally I find it liberating, because I don't have to worry about fuzzy lines either. I know the rules and can follow them easily.

However, there are lots of places SWGOH players gather on the internet, and you're almost certainly free to name and shame there, if it's important to you. You are free to go there and do what you feel you need to do (so long as it doesn't break the TOS of that website).

You find it liberating to not have to exercise your own discretion?

I don't prefer to be told how I feel, or what is right or wrong.

Edit: and yes I see the irony in me talking about discretion ?. I'd still rather try and be wrong.
  • Buggy game, cheaters can cheat, but if you criticize CG they put you in CG jail
  • "Enigmatic_Potato;c-2387135" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2387041" wrote:
    "Ravens1113;c-2387040" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2387037" wrote:

Except in instances like this…

ok but that doesn't mean we will have lots of instances where a player hasn't cheated and being harassed and accused of cheating by a sore loser if naming and shaming was a lot

Those instances are immediately locked and removed from the board, so...

"Xyz player cheated his defense! I couldn't beat his team with all my GLs!"

Lol

• Recent GAC results hit. That's their awesome NS team owning my Padme lol
  • There is enough ranting going on here about everything. Exposing cheaters shall be done through the official process (the fact it's not working does not justify we take the law in our own hands). Doing this in the forum only attracts rubbernecks, trolls, hypocrites and other scums and yields no substantial results.
  • "Antario;c-2387284" wrote:
    There is enough ranting going on here about everything. Exposing cheaters shall be done through the official process (the fact it's not working does not justify we take the law in our own hands). Doing this in the forum only attracts rubbernecks, trolls, hypocrites and other scums and yields no substantial results.

"The law" cool story. Sorry you're mad about it.

@Ultra can you delete this thread then? It's been reported in every possible way and I'm over it.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,383 PostsLatest Activity: 16 hours ago