Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Protection mod not affecting protection stat in preview

Anybody explain this? I noticed recently when selecting a protection primary mod, it won't show any effect in the preview before confirming what effect it will have. 19% protection wasn't moving the needle. After save, also no change on protection stat
  • "Frodobongins;102307" wrote:
    Anybody explain this? I noticed recently when selecting a protection primary mod, it won't show any effect in the preview before confirming what effect it will have. 19% protection wasn't moving the needle. After save, also no change on protection stat
    Maybe this question is going to be too obvious but... are you equipping a protection percentage mod on a character who's still in blue gear (gear tiers 4 thru 6)? 'Cause if the gear gives no base protection to the character, then a protection percentage mod will yield a percentage of zero (aka nought), which equals nothing.

A blue geared character can only gain protection from mods that give it in flat numbers. Protection percentage mods only benefit characters whose gear is purple or better (gear tiers 7 onward). Because mods only award a percentage of the protection granted by tier 7+ gear, and not a percentage of the protection you're getting from other mods.
  • "lisztophobia;992141" wrote:
    "Frodobongins;102307" wrote:
    Maybe this question is going to be too obvious but... are you equipping a protection percentage mod on a character who's still in blue gear (gear tiers 4 thru 6)? 'Cause if the gear gives no base protection to the character, then a protection percentage mod will yield a percentage of zero (aka nought), which equals nothing.

A blue geared character can only gain protection from mods that give it in flat numbers. Protection percentage mods only benefit characters whose gear is purple or better (gear tiers 7 onward). Because mods only award a percentage of the protection granted by tier 7+ gear, and not a percentage of the protection you're getting from other mods.

This. 19% of 0 is still 0. Either that, or are you putting it somewhere that was already giving you 19% protection?
  • Mods don't unlock on a toon until Level 7. And if I'm not mistaken, every toon gets some sort of base protection at Level 7, right?
  • "SnakesOnAPlane;992201" wrote:
    Mods don't unlock on a toon until Level 7. And if I'm not mistaken, every toon gets some sort of base protection at Level 7, right?

mods unlock at toon lvl 50, regardless of gear tier. With the flat protection stat increase you can have a g1 toon with protection, however the % boost only affects base protection gained from gear (g7 and up).