Forum Discussion

coolnessda
Rising Newcomer
2 years ago

Relic 5 and beyond motivation

Back when the rancor challenge raid was still active and only relic 5 and higher toons were allowed to participate I made it a habit of taking any toon I could and pushing them to relic 5. I mostly focused on gl requirement characters who only had to be like relic 4 or less to unlock the event and took them to relic 5 since the amount of resources needed wasn't too horrible by then. From there any other toon that was gear 12 or 13 who hadn't been relic'd would be next. My goal was to get as many toons prepped for the raid as I could so I could gradually improve my ranks and win more rewards thus speeding up the toon development process. However after the new raid system significantly reduced faction accessibility and left us with only a small assortment of available squads to use in the krayt dragon raid I stopped focusing on relicing many of my toons and only dealt with ones needed for gl events since with so few options to work with I'd rather work on more useful characters that serve better in other areas of the game rather than a a few outdated teams that feel largely underpowered. I still aim to get my toons to gear 13 but relics just arent my priority anymore. Outside of gl and event requirements what motivates you to relic your toons past relic 5 if at all?
  • I try to relic everyone to R5 and I will go higher depending on their need. Going above R5 isnt hard. Just takes a few more days.
  • I only go to relic 3 and relic higher based on what swgoh tells me I have to.
  • Even getting to R5 of late is an incredibly tough journey. Everything is way higher priced now. F2P at this level is just too heavy and therefore only negative, no positive feeling at all.
    EdSolo75
    Rising Rookie
    I was finally getting around to addressing relics and then Levithan came along. I was beginning to relic neglected toons like Rex, Maul and SK. I was randomly selecting toons and taking them to R5. Besides GL's, I really haven't bothered taking anything past R5 unless it was a requirement. All my GL's are sitting at R7. Anything higher is a requirement for something. Really haven't seen a need to go to higher relics for the most part.
  • It's all about the new TB.

You wouldn't be able to do much if you leave most of your toons less than R5 apart from deploying them. Even just leaving them at R5 wouldn't do much beyond Day one if your guild get a star in each zone before the end of day one.

Also people are gearing up factions to R5 and beyond for TW and GAC and legendary events. Sure you wouldn't see much now but people will catch up and leave you behind.
  • "Coolnessda;d-264538" wrote:

Outside of gl and event requirements what motivates you to relic your toons past relic 5 if at all?

1. The quality of the Character.
    For example, I took Malak to R6 long ago once I had enough Relic Mats for even that 1 extra level of beefiness on him.
    Same reason I did it for Wompa & then took Malak & Malgus both to R7 to improve their tankiness (And RotE)

2. TB-RotE.
    R5 is now the minimum to contribute to any platoon or mission.
    So, if needed for key teams to player at later CMs I've pushed several R5's to R6-7-8
    To name a few.........
    Purely to help the guild = Old Ben, Krennic, FO-TIE
    To keep a team going to R6+ waves. CLS, Cheepio, Hoda, Malak, Malgus, JK-Luke

• I've traditionally based R level on needs for GAC. No real reason to take toons like JKR, Rex, CLS higher than that. Toons like DR, Malak, BSF i took to R7 long ago as they are thicker and harder to beat. One of the few constants in this game will be GAC, metas will always change but diversity will win more than meta. Especially since they made arena worthless.
  • I would only add to the last comment that CLS is specifically well worth taking as high as you can, due to the stat sharing from Chewpio’s unique, and personally I don’t think DR or BSF get the same utility at higher relics bc you really just need them super fast to outspeed your opponent and the debuffs do the rest of work (although more offense certainly isn’t bad).

But yes it’s always a game of min/maxing your squads for best effectiveness with most efficient resource allocation.
    Morgoth_swgoh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Datacrons motivate me.
    TB motivates me.
    GAC to a lesser extent as mostly the two above ensure the good toons are at high enough relics to work.
    Krayt have also motivated some, but that kind of went away a bit with the most recent announcement.

And most of all requirements for other toon unlock motivates me as well.