Forum Discussion

FiredCircle4
New Novice
28 days ago

Revan Lightsabers

I know this has been talked about before, but I think it is worth revisiting during this time in SWGOH. With SWGOH growing larger everyday and releasing more characters and staying true to their lore accuracy, even giving nods to quotes, lore, and moments in Star Wars media, I believe that Revans’ lightsabers should be revisited. It has always bothered me and my friends who enjoy Star Wars that the hilts are wrong. JKR’s saber hilt should be Darth Revan’s and vice versa. This has been addressed and answered by CG before; seen here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2022101/#Comment_2022101

I find the answer that is given to be understandable but disrespectful. Star Wars fans play the game and pay money (which is important) for fun and to enjoy playing around with beloved characters from their favorite Star Wars media. I do not think it is fair that CG took creative liberty with the sabers and swapped them because they think it looks better. It’s not the lore and not what was designed by the original creators of Revan. Yes, some might find it cooler the way it is, but it is not what is true to the source material. Why does Revan get disrespected and given different treatment over other characters? Everyone else gets their lightsabers accurate, why is Revan any different? I personally think the original design choice of the slimmer lightsaber for Darth Revan and spiky one for JKR is better. It showcases Revans’ balance of the light and dark and I think even looks cooler. 

I don’t usually like to nitpick everything when it comes to Star Wars, but this one really bothers me, knowing that it was an intentional decision by CG and not a mistake that was recognized and fixed. It feels like a major slap to the community that you don’t care about the media. I know I’m probably singing to the choir or being melodramatic: but it has genuinely bothered me so much sometimes that I have been deterred from wanting to play the game. It would be much appreciated if this was amended. I believe that Revan deserves more respect to be true to the original source, as the beloved character he is. 

Thank you for reading, I hope this is found to be constructive. 

Pulsipher
    Seasoned Traveler

Original source…the cut scenes from the main character’s dreams in the game? 
    Maybe it’s a call out to the fact that you could equip whatever you wanted when playing the game. There are t any lightsaber hilts when you equip Bendak’s blaster and Cassus Fetts heavy pistol :)