Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ship Shard “Migration” is just a split?

I received the notice today that I am in the ship shard which has an aberrant number of participants and is unusually competitive. I’m sure that everyone else in the shard shared my frustration at having to deal with this since the inception of ships. It set everyone in this shard back relative to other players in the game. Other members of my guild stated that they had to play very few ship battles a day to take top ranks, and their fleets were extremely underpowered compared to the fleets that were in the 500-800 range in this aberrant shard. So despite players investing in their fleets, they could not receive the crystals, and fleet currency (leading to zetas) that everyone else was getting.
It was stated that this shard was created due to a certain algorithm, and that the result was not desired. However the inbox message says that the solution is to “migrate” our shard into new shards of “roughly the same size as a normal ship shard”. This does not address the fault of the algorithm that originated the problem. The shard is obviously made up of extremely competitive players, and splitting them into a few groups doesn’t change that at all. They should be redistributed across all shards, and not just keep competing with the same players again.
If the shard is just split into a few new shards, then the players will still be competing at a much greater than average rate, and still get way below average rewards. For instance, I currently fight to try and break into the top 500 with a fleet that is one of the best in my guild. Many of my guildmates can get top 10 with one battle per day. If the outlier ship shard is divided into 5 shards, then I might be fighting these same people to get top 100.
I’m sad that there is probably no way to make up for the months of relatively poor rewards that the average members of this shard have received, but splitting the same members up seems like a very poor solution.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,269 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago