Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Sith Empire Fleet Candidates

It'd have to be X-70B Phantom and the Imperial Assault Shuttle. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Sith Fighter decoupled from the Sith Assassin and updated to look like the Supremacy-class starfighter to keep the visuals uniform with that SWTOR-era Sith Empire aesthetic.

Really looking forward to this fleet, buuut not looking forward to what I'm sure will be some of the heaviest requirements ever in the game. We're looking at R9's for days, people haha.

pm00113
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "JohannesAlbrecht;c-2416744" wrote:
    Yea, I was referring to the buckethead.

Let's go chrome dome
  • "Badger_made_me_do_it;c-2416968" wrote:
    "LendersQuiz;c-2416964" wrote:

Here are my predictions.

Nah i bet its relic 9 on assassin and marauder and Revan. Exe needed R8, profundity needed 1 R9 so this will definitely need 2 to 3 relic 9s or perhaps even 10 since new raid will launch before this event

Relic 9 Assassin and Marauder sounds unrealistic. R5 sounds appropriate for those characters given how strong Sith Empire is and how many people already have relic SE teams. Relic 9 Revan and Malak sounds about right. Relic 8 Malgus (he's so new but they're clearly not afraid of price mountaining on him). Relic 6 Bastila and HK. Relic 5 Marauder, Assassin, Trooper. I also wouldn't be surprised if a few Old Republic characters were required to Relic too. Ebon Hawk at 7-star requirement as well.
  • "Calagon;c-2416963" wrote:
    "They never said that they wouldn't be adding more characters as pilots. I could see them adding the Imperial Agent as a character to pad out Sith Empire more, especially since Malgus and Revan have to do a fair bit of sharing at the moment. Plus it means a more profitable grind."

It's certainly possible, but with the timeframe they've given themselves I don't see it happening. We're going to have the rest of the new Sith Empire ships before we get the Fury.

"We have two more Sith ships coming. You will be able to acquire those before you can unlock Fury-class in Conquest."

This could obviously change, but if it is kept as is, then a few things could happen. Either they shift focus entirely to the Sith Empire fleet being introduced, or they continue releasing characters for the Cal Kestis Journey Guide while giving existing Sith Empire characters ships. I think the latter is more likely, since they'll want to capitalize on that game's release.

"Calagon;c-2416963" wrote:
    "In the context of this game, lore is least priority for CG and for most players. Case in point, the Sith Assassin from SWTOR pilots the KOTOR-era Sith Fighter. So for all we know they could give the Phantom to Bastila, SET, or even HK. In terms of visuals and ability references, the Phantom is the best option, and the most predictable one with the addition of the Fury."

Sith Assassin piloting the Sith Fighter is actually a very good point, I'll concede that. With that in mind, it does make many more characters into potential pilots.

"They're the same ship in function and purpose. The only difference is 2003 vs. 2011 graphics."

So the Sith Fighter was used by Revan's Empire; the Supremacy-Class Starfighter was used by Vitiate's Sith Empire hundreds of years later. They are similar, but I don't think CG is going to redo the current Sith Fighter into the Supremacy-Class. They'd make more money by having both, along with avoiding the issue (in their eyes) of people already having the Sith Fighter at 7 stars, since it's been around for so long. It's certainly possible, but I don't think it's likely to happen.

Additionally, the Sith and Sith Empire factions are short on Attackers, so the Supremacy-Class as an Attacker would help solve that problem.

"We simply have more visual references, and in greater detail, from SWTOR than KOTOR. The introduction of Malgus and choice of the Fury interceptor suggests more SWTOR aesthetics. SET and Sith Assassin also follow the visuals of SWTOR, as opposed to their KOTOR counterparts, so unless they plan to add more KOTOR-era characters, expect the SWTOR aesthetic.

The choice of the Leviathan can definitely be credited more to its narrative significance, the fact that we actually have visual references for its abilities unlike Nihilus' Ravager, and of course because making Revan the fleet commander makes it much more inaccessible + profitable."

Making Malak the fleet commander would make it more inaccessible, but I get your meaning. Supposedly they picked Revan because of the mechanics involved with the Leviathan.

As far as expecting the SWTOR aesthetic, you are correct in that we have more visual references, and it seems like we're heading in that direction. However, the usage of the Leviathan tells me that they have not moved away completely from KOTOR era stuff, so we may still expect some things from that era.

"A long shot like you said. Again there's the issue of references. In both KOTOR games that shuttle functioned purely as a transport."

Yea, there's no saving that one. Part of that is my hope for Bastila to have a ship. A lack of references isn't necessarily a problem for CG; we've seen plenty of instances of them filling in the gaps with certain characters, but we'll see.
  • Hmm...

The Existing SE Team "Named" members will probably get a req boost from R5ish that many have up to R7.

Marauder is the only REQ toon elsewhere at R7 for see, so maybe a R8 boost?

Wouldn't surprise me if we got a boost from Maul-R4/SEE to R5-7

Neither SET or Assassin have any Reqs right now, so forcing them both to be R5 is probable.

New ships could be SE but also might be something like a ship for one of the OR-Jedi or the Ebon Hawk & then requiring some sort of Relic-5 from Carth, Ordo, or T3.

R9s (or 10, ugh), would probably be limited to Malgus &/or D.Revan.
    DarthCha0s13
    Seasoned Newcomer
    50RT is from the same lore era with the Old Republic tag and is under-reliced across the player base. As 50RT was not directly taken from the lore, they could similarly add their ship in the same way.
  • "DarthCha0s13;c-2417619" wrote:
    50RT is from the same lore era with the Old Republic tag and is under-reliced across the player base. As 50RT was not directly taken from the lore, they could similarly add their ship in the same way.

My R7 50R-T would love a ship.
  • I agree Ebon Hawk with relic Carth and T3 requirements is a big possibility.

I wonder if instead we might get a kotor 2 version of the ebon hawk, piloted by HK-47 and Meetra Surik as a new release character (making for lots of spending rushing to farm the new character). ?
    LendersQuiz
    Rising Newcomer
    "BubbaFett;c-2419399" wrote:
    I am thinking along the same lines but have Maul pegged for r8 and SET or HK being at least R5......

Never said my predictions were complete. :)
    Nasty Basty, SET & HK47? Sure, why not?