Forum Discussion

6 years ago

State of Guilds?

So just wanted to know how everyone is feeling about the state of there guilds. I am seeing a large number of guilds looking not for just 1 or 2 members but groups of players. I know our Guild lost 3 members this last week as they decided they need time away from the game. Time ill tell how long they stay away. I know as an officer it is getting harder and harder to recruit at the level we need. We can get lower players but they would not be able to help us in Geo TB and would probably hurt us in TW. I mean we would love to bring in 5 or 6 good players but it is not happening. i mean maybe if some smaller guilds broke up moving groups of there players to 3 or 4 guilds it would help some of this but the idea of breaking up a guild is a non starter to most. So any thoughts? anything that can be done? does anyone even want anything done?
  • "cannonfodder_iv;c-1965353" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1965224" wrote:
    "cannonfodder_iv;c-1965216" wrote:
    Would be nice if there was something to do. I've found myself actually playing GW nodes lately.

Start an alt. I'm not even joking.

https://swgoh.gg/p/594964279/ (Jan 2017)

https://swgoh.gg/p/463485195/ (March 2017)

https://swgoh.gg/p/124393516/ (Sept 2017)

Lots and lots of simming.

wow you started them so close together. I do not know how you guys do it. 1 account takes up too much of my time to have more. Plus there is a small piece of me that does not want to increase CG's stats making them think they are bringing in more new players.
  • There was a lot less to do back then, and I don't bother with the alts as much. I started the last one just to see how much of a difference your shard entry point made in your progression (timing shard creation was a thing back then - spoiler; a really big difference). Never really raided all that much with the alts. It's a good chance to just farm what you want to farm.
  • "cannonfodder_iv;c-1965216" wrote:
    Would be nice if there was something to do. I've found myself actually playing GW nodes lately.

I like this quote this is what I log in to do as well. The boredom from the same teams literally stops movement.

I knew the lack of competitiveness and diversity aka revan teams would backfire.

But the dark revan which makes revan useless seems to top the cake.

• Why would anyone be quitting? Isn’t adding another tedious grind to an already tedious grind of a game fun and exciting??!!! Everyone cries for new content and they just added gear 14,15,16,17,18,19, and 20 but call them “relics”.....that’s new content right?? Right??!!!! ???‍♂️
    Pulsipher
    Seasoned Traveler
    We lost 4.... but I think they were losing interest after 3+ years anyway, the changes in game just acted as the catalyst. Participation in chat rooms - or lack of - told me they were heading in that direction months ago.
    We had no problem filling back up with hungry and enthusiastic members at the 200M GP range. I think a guild or three packed it in and the refugees have bolstered the guilds that stayed focus. Those sorts of shifts are necessary and sometimes need a push to get going too.
  • It would be kind of cool if CG put in place an in-game forced consolidation. Your guild drops to 20 it gets gobbled up by a guild that rose to 30. Be kinda like that movie Mortal Engines
  • "Mephisto_style;c-1966396" wrote:
    It would be kind of cool if CG put in place an in-game forced consolidation. Your guild drops to 20 it gets gobbled up by a guild that rose to 30. Be kinda like that movie Mortal Engines

sounds as awful as that movie. no offense (to you, but def offense intended to that movie)