Forum Discussion

NotRealUltra
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

State of the Galaxy: February 2022 [MEGA]

DEV POST

"CG_SBCrumb;d-202379" wrote:
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are charging into this year with more characters, ships and the new Inquisitorius faction. Our team has put together an ambitious plan for 2022 that seeks to keep this game exciting for many more years. We will have more to share about some of the larger changes coming this year in future updates but in this month’s State of the Galaxy, I want to give you an update on what’s coming in the near future for Galaxy of Heroes, discuss the current meta, and the team’s goals for shaping the meta over the future. Conquest 13 has begun and we want to provide an update on where the Conquest characters are moving to. As always, there are a ton of things to cover so let's dive in!

UPCOMING UNITS AND THEMES
As we move on from our Legends characters in celebration of LucasFilm’s 50th anniversary, we have another thrilling group of characters to explore, the Inquisitors. If you have played Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order or watched Star Wars Rebels then you may be familiar with the elite group of force sensitive agents tasked by Darth Vader to hunt down any remaining Jedi after the fall of the Galactic Republic.

A few weeks ago we introduced the first member of this new faction, Second Sister. The Ninth Sister will be the second member to fill out the squad and will be available via Marquee this week. This massive assassin works as the Inquisitor squad’s tank. She can take a ton of punishment and keeps enemy attacks focused on herself instead of her Inquisitorius allies. Hear more about the character and from our designers in the DEV POST
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Nauros;c-2339238" wrote:
    "Iy4oy4s;c-2339237" wrote:
    "Jakdnels;c-2339220" wrote:
    "Ragnarok_COTF;c-2339153" wrote:
    "Wed_Santa;c-2338973" wrote:
    "DaarthBrewer;c-2338860" wrote:
    "RTS;c-2337748" wrote:

Has been confirmed to have pilots

Source?

It was from Doja in a Q&A on Discord

Would it be too much to ask that our Community Manager post a summary of important information disclosed in unofficial platforms?

Shouldn't be necessary. Doja clarified Discord isn't a replacement for Q&As or game info a few weeks ago. Not sure when we'll get more communication, but it's supposed to be here.

If you believe any of that, then prepare yourself for disappointment. Those words have been flying around since he took over and we are complaining about communication more than ever. “Working on ways to blah blah blah”. Just words with no action. Wonder why they dont post something like that here? It’s like they purposefully disregard these forums…wonder why.

Yeah, remember how Doja promised some better alternative to Q&As? The result is no more Q&As with no alternative, and it's been so long that players stopped asking about it. That seems to be the general MO - make promises and then delay until everyone forgets.
    I'm pretty sure this was the alternative:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238313/solicitation-for-topics-of-interest/p1
  • "Ultra;c-2339399" wrote:
    "RTS;c-2337748" wrote:

Source?

Would it be too much to ask that our Community Manager post a summary of important information disclosed in unofficial platforms?

Shouldn't be necessary. Doja clarified Discord isn't a replacement for Q&As or game info a few weeks ago. Not sure when we'll get more communication, but it's supposed to be here.

If you believe any of that, then prepare yourself for disappointment. Those words have been flying around since he took over and we are complaining about communication more than ever. “Working on ways to blah blah blah”. Just words with no action. Wonder why they dont post something like that here? It’s like they purposefully disregard these forums…wonder why.

Yeah, remember how Doja promised some better alternative to Q&As? The result is no more Q&As with no alternative, and it's been so long that players stopped asking about it. That seems to be the general MO - make promises and then delay until everyone forgets.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238313/solicitation-for-topics-of-interest/p1

No, the alternative ended up being a series of trivia videos with Operation Metaverse last spring. But it was a complete dud that barely anyone bothered to watch, so Doja apparently had to go back to the drawing board. It's been almost a year so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just abandoned it entirely
  • "FerociousPanda;c-2339439" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2339399" wrote:
    "RTS;c-2337748" wrote:

Source?

No, the alternative ended up being a series of trivia videos with Operation Metaverse last spring. But it was a complete dud that barely anyone bothered to watch, so Doja apparently had to go back to the drawing board. It's been almost a year so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just abandoned it entirely

Lol that was hilarious. Mobile Gamer told them they do not get to select who is the top content creator, but they tried real hard instead of listening to him xD
  • One real thing I want is a 24-hour (or 22) review period at the end of Territory Battles.

We have it for Territory War and Grand Arena.
  • "Metroplex79;c-2341383" wrote:
    One real thing I want is a 24-hour (or 22) review period at the end of Territory Battles.

We have it for Territory War and Grand Arena.

Yes, that would be nice. But probably pretty hard to do.
  • CG, i need a non pvp fun mode i can’t wait to play after getting home from work. I’m already tired of GAC.
  • "bap1234;c-2341644" wrote:
    CG, i need a non pvp fun mode i can’t wait to play after getting home from work. I’m already tired of GAC.

Conquest? Although that may not qualify.
  • "TargetEadu;c-2341659" wrote:
    "bap1234;c-2341644" wrote:
    CG, i need a non pvp fun mode i can’t wait to play after getting home from work. I’m already tired of GAC.

Conquest? Although that may not qualify.

Conquest is my fav , they could do better making stamina regenerate faster. by fun mode i mean an interesting, engaging mode that u won't get tired of in a month, for god sake they are game developers and this is the biggest sci-fi brand.