Forum Discussion

f7ygq9auu6nv
Newcomer
3 hours ago

Suggestion: GAC rework

Hello,

GAC is the main reason why I am playing this game. But even though I think it's fun, it still have some problems, and some potential. I have put some thought into some ideas for how to improve it, and want to share it, in case there are any ideas you have not heard yet (most likely not), or at least because some people might find it fun to discuss. (Disclaimers at the bottom)

New layout

I have drawn an idea for a new battlefield. First I will explain what the picture shows, and below the picture, I will explain why.

• Yellow: Battles on this field has feats, just like GC and Conquest
  • Red and blue: These fields are grouped. As soon as you have defeated an enemy on this field, the other one is locked. So you need to choose which one you want to attack

Here are my reasoning for this layout:

• This combines 5v5 and 3v3 into one GAC. I like 3v3, but I don't like waiting 5 weeks between each season of 5v5. 5v5 is the main focus of the game (if you look at the teams and the other game modes). This also makes it easier for early game players to build a roster, as they need the same roster each week.
  • Add Beskar rank: From what I can see, there is a huge difference between the rosters of people in Kyber 4 and the top of Kyber 1. This does so you can add more teams for the late game players, without affecting what is currently the end of mid game. Beskar should have a very limited player number, to prevent this problem for occurring again.
  • Grouping fields (the red and blue fields): The idea is you only need to defeat one red field and one blue field. As soon as you have defeated an enemy in one red field, the other red field locks, and cannot be attacked. There are too many teams not being used. This uses some teams from the players rosters, without adding more time to the GAC. And it makes it more interesting to set defense and attack.
  • Feats (yellow field): Have 1-3 active feats on all battles on this field. I think they should change weekly. Then people need to rethink their defense once a week, which makes the "waiting" time more interesting. It also rewards having a deep roster (ewoks might be useful some weeks!). I am not sure if I think the feats should only affect the defensive team or both. Both makes the wall more fun to attack, but might also make the wall too easy to attack. The feats can either be random, or set to reward whale teams (if you think you need to do that).
  • The board is build to introduce new stuff when you enter a new league (mostly). Makes the mid- and lategame more fun, without making the game more confusing for new players.

Other changes:

• Cap the skill rating for each league: This might not affect a lot of people, but I have seen examples of people skipping full leagues, because of winning a lot in X 1 division. This leads to players suddenly needing way more teams than expected, and it fills Kyber 1 up with players not belonging there. If there just was a maximum skill rating for each league, so you for example only could advance to division 3 of the next league in one go, this problem would be solved.
  • Split the lower divisions up in two groups, based on GP: A lot of the GAC matches in the earlier leagues are against players with a Kyber-worthy roster. It just turns a lot of the game mode into "will they attack?", which is not fun. I understand why skill rating is better than matchmaking based on GP, but I think you can have the best from both worlds by having a hard cap. Let's take carbonite: Players above 3-4 mil most likely don't belong there. Split the matchmaking into two groups, one below 3 mil and one above. Makes the game way more fun for newer players, while still punishing inactive players
  • Remove the one week break: I am here to play the game, not not play the game. In my opinion, 3 matches a week is already too few. At least remove the boring break!
  • Give us the starkiller LSB back: This has nothing to do with GAC, but I just regret not buying it...

Disclaimers:

I am very much a midgame player (ally code: 487521246). But I have consumed a lot of content from lategame players, which half of this is based on.

And yes: I think i have more time than most players, which my suggestions kinda reflects. But I think GAC is the reward for logging in each day to complete dailies, and go through conquest. And I think it should be more of a focus in this game.

This is ideas based on my personal view of the game. If you leave a comment, please be nice!

Niramo
    Rising Newcomer

The game is currently a huge time waster. TB, Raid and GAC at the same time are several hours a day that you can spend on them. So the break of a week is definitely welcome. I don't think the idea with the red/blue fields and the new league is that bad. In my opinion, the idea with the yellow fields that should change every week is not that great. It goes in the direction of DC and I find it extremely annoying because I have to learn the counterattacks again every few weeks. In my opinion DC were/are the worst improvement in the game, but that's just my opinion.