Forum Discussion

Player_vj31g48n
Rising Newcomer
5 days ago

Tank Reduction cron bug

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this and if not, what I can do to have CG investigate this.

I was in a grand arena battle with my JMK against Jabba.  I was using JMK, CAT, and GK. The opposing Jabba had Boushh Leia and Kyrrsantan with omi and the DC was the new level 6 tank damage reduction one.

I noticed after a minute that if Kyrrsantan was over 50% TM, he was only taking 1 damage, every time.

Long story short, I used an LV team and in a last ditch effort JML after JMK failed. I noticed every time in all 3 battles that without fail, every time Kyrrsantan was over 50% TM, he was only receiving 1 damage.

When I submitted an in-game ticket, the help person told me no one else was reporting this, but to post on here about it.

So, as the first paragraph asks, if no one else has noticed this, how can I get CG to investigate my battles? I'm a completely sane and rational person, so I know what I saw, I'd just like CG to look into it.

Thanks for the read.

-NT

Whatelse73
    New Adventurer

Even if it is a bug, they won't do anything about it because the datacron will be gone in about a month anyway.

I don't recall seeing this, but it's hard to say why it could be doing the 1 damage thing.  (Other than CG uses us to test everything and didn't see this.)

iMalevolence
      Rising Rookie

It does 1 damage because the 75% damage reduction on the cron stacks additively with the 30% damage reduction that Jabba lead gives to Hutt Cartel allies for 105% mitigation.

Damage × (1 - (0.75 + 0.3)) =>
      Damage × (1 - 1.05) =>
      Damage × -0.05

So realistically (with the way it's currently set up), Krrsantan would be taking negative damage, but damage has to be positive, so they set it to 1.

Damage reduction values should be multiplicative. It should be:

Damage × (1 - 0.75) × (1 - 0.3) =>
      Damage × 0.25 × 0.7 =>
      Damage × 0.175

Means only 82.5% total mitigation, but this is the correct value. They wouldn't ever reach 100% mitigation like this and the damage that Krrsantan receives from a hit with this cron would properly be only 25% of what he would normally take.

1000 × 0.7 = 700
      1000 × 0.7 × 0.25 = 175
      175 / 700 = 0.25

But I doubt it ever gets changed to work correctly.

Player_vj31g48n
        Rising Newcomer

Ok, so I guess I need to exploit this next lobby since it's OK that it screwed me over. Will do