Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Territory wars matchmaking

This time it just got ridiculous. We got matched up against a guild with more than 30 mils gp more than us (35-36M, we're 82M they're 117). We have 19 defense spots so they had 38 players joining it to obviously lower the GP of the opponent. All these secrets about the algorithm used for matchmaking... I'm beginning to think that you keep it secret because it doesn't even exist or because it is so pitifully poor that you prefer to not disclose it. I still have to face a guild which is the same level of mine. "Hurr durr the matchmaking reflects the depth of the rosters" really? Say it to the trayas and shopped enfys we will have to face. Say it to the op defenses they will deploy while still having insane teams for the attack phase.
  • "FailingCrab;c-1596502" wrote:
    GP would be a laughable comparison to use - is a G12 CUP as useful as a G12 Sith Trooper?

You have yourself identified that you win 'most' of your matchups. How can you then say that the matchmaking is stacked against you? Clearly whatever metric is currently used is working in your favour.

If you brought CUP to g12 you clearly deserve to lose the battle. This can be applied to every character.
  • Did you look them up in game? Last time a fee of these reports popped up too and a couple of them swgoh.gg had not updated and they were actually lower.

Also knowing that they didnt all sign up, means that it is not a 30M gp difference. I'm not saying that makes it easy, but it's also not as bad as you are saying it is.
  • They dont disclose it (which is the right thing to do) because people would play the system and be able to force "more accurate" bad matching.