Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Thanks for kyrotech log in calender :)

Hello there :)
Thank you cg for this surprising calender :)

Greetings demeter
  • "Ravens1113;c-2333088" wrote:
    "SemiGod;c-2333080" wrote:
    "Darth_Etern4l;c-2332961" wrote:
    Yes, that's nice. I mean, it would be even nicer if you didnt make characters that require 100+ kyros in the first place, but I guess 50 out of the 800 currently needed is still better than nothing.

Ikr, characters requiring gear to upgrade? Outrageous! They should just give us all R9 characters for free!

Telling us that kyros were going to ease the gear crunch but just made it worse, now that’s the issue, but it’s old news at this point.

In a way they have, though. The problem of old wasn’t JUST that you needed gear for characters, it was that you needed such a wide variety and lots of it for each character. So many stun guns, so many stun cuffs, so many thermal detonators, and so on. So many pieces that all came from different sources so you were only ever farming one at a time.

Now characters need one unified piece of gear (technically two, since the shock prod and computer are two different things, but the cost is the same so… One piece) that can be farmed non-stop.

I’d like to see a breakdown of what used to be needed versus what’s needed now so I could make the case better. But the long and the short of it is that instead of playing whack-a-mole we’re playing go fish.
    tward930
    New Spectator
    Cuffs aren't really a problem anymore. Have over 600 and haven't even been using currency to get them.
  • "Ravens1113;c-2333107" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-2333102" wrote:
    "Ravens1113;c-2333088" wrote:
    Yes, that's nice. I mean, it would be even nicer if you didnt make characters that require 100+ kyros in the first place, but I guess 50 out of the 800 currently needed is still better than nothing.

Ikr, characters requiring gear to upgrade? Outrageous! They should just give us all R9 characters for free!

Telling us that kyros were going to ease the gear crunch but just made it worse, now that’s the issue, but it’s old news at this point.

In a way they have, though. The problem of old wasn’t JUST that you needed gear for characters, it was that you needed such a wide variety and lots of it for each character. So many stun guns, so many stun cuffs, so many thermal detonators, and so on. So many pieces that all came from different sources so you were only ever farming one at a time.

Now characters need one unified piece of gear (technically two, since the shock prod and computer are two different things, but the cost is the same so… One piece) that can be farmed non-stop.

I’d like to see a breakdown of what used to be needed versus what’s needed now so I could make the case better. But the long and the short of it is that instead of playing whack-a-mole we’re playing go fish.

Yeah but we still need all the old gear on top of kyro’s. That’s the issue. It just added another piece of gear we needed to collect on top of the cuffs, carbs, callers, guns, detonators etc.

That’s what I meant about wanting to look at the needs for old characters versus new ones. I might do it next weekend. But the point I want to make (if true, thus I need to look it up) is that if it used to be you needed 3 Stun Guns, 3 Stun Cuffs, and 3 Thermal Detonators for a character, now you would need 1 of each, but 6 prods and/or computers.

If true, that would be an improvement because you’re able to farm 2/3 of a character’s gear from one source instead of having to dip here and then there and then from this store and that store. It would represent a streamlining that is a genuine quality of life improvement—especially when spread out across an entire team.

Buuuuuuut it could be bupkis! ??‍♂️
  • "FerociousPanda;c-2333258" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-2333135" wrote:
    "Ravens1113;c-2333107" wrote:

Yeah but we still need all the old gear on top of kyro’s. That’s the issue. It just added another piece of gear we needed to collect on top of the cuffs, carbs, callers, guns, detonators etc.

That’s what I meant about wanting to look at the needs for old characters versus new ones. I might do it next weekend. But the point I want to make (if true, thus I need to look it up) is that if it used to be you needed 3 Stun Guns, 3 Stun Cuffs, and 3 Thermal Detonators for a character, now you would need 1 of each, but 6 prods and/or computers.

If true, that would be an improvement because you’re able to farm 2/3 of a character’s gear from one source instead of having to dip here and then there and then from this store and that store. It would represent a streamlining that is a genuine quality of life improvement—especially when spread out across an entire team.

Had some spare time so I decided to look into pre vs post-kyrotech characters and their gear needed. I only drew from the marquee list on swgoh events so this doesn't include all the non-marquee characters, maybe I'll get around to adding them in some other time. I also can't guarantee that these numbers are 100% accurate because I might've typed some wrong into my spreadsheet, but I'm relatively certain that it's accurate.

Wow! Great job crunching all those numbers! I'm surprised at the results, it looks like I was wrong--numbers don't lie.

I see you didn't count the 100 needed for the g12 kicker, does that mean you counted the g12+ pieces? Could that maybe be a part of it, since those pieces can't use kryos? I suppose that even if they didn't count, they wouldn't meaningfully alter the data though.
  • "NicWester;c-2333268" wrote:
    "FerociousPanda;c-2333258" wrote:

Had some spare time so I decided to look into pre vs post-kyrotech characters and their gear needed. I only drew from the marquee list on swgoh events so this doesn't include all the non-marquee characters, maybe I'll get around to adding them in some other time. I also can't guarantee that these numbers are 100% accurate because I might've typed some wrong into my spreadsheet, but I'm relatively certain that it's accurate.

Wow! Great job crunching all those numbers! I'm surprised at the results, it looks like I was wrong--numbers don't lie.

I see you didn't count the 100 needed for the g12 kicker, does that mean you counted the g12+ pieces? Could that maybe be a part of it, since those pieces can't use kryos? I suppose that even if they didn't count, they wouldn't meaningfully alter the data though.

Yea the carbantis, stun guns etc used in the g12+ pieces are included in my numbers. I did think about whether or not I should leave them out but I decided to keep them in for now (partly because I didn't want to spend even more time figuring it out lol). I also felt that they probably wouldn't meaningfully alter the data but hey I could be wrong. Maybe I'll play around with the numbers some more when I have the time and see if anything changes
  • "FerociousPanda;c-2333278" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-2333268" wrote:
    "FerociousPanda;c-2333258" wrote:

Yea the carbantis, stun guns etc used in the g12+ pieces are included in my numbers. I did think about whether or not I should leave them out but I decided to keep them in for now (partly because I didn't want to spend even more time figuring it out lol). I also felt that they probably wouldn't meaningfully alter the data but hey I could be wrong. Maybe I'll play around with the numbers some more when I have the time and see if anything changes

At most it's only going to be 100 of a single piece of gear per character, bust most likely 50/50 of two different gears. I don't think it would alter things much.

I'd be interested to see of the number of kyrotech pieces early on means fewer gold pieces (or the one gold piece that's purple for some reason) at g11 or not. I always seems like a crapshoot where a character either needs exactly one gold stun gun, or they need two gold stun guns and a gold comlink. But gearing up Kyle Katarn last week seemed to have fewer of them.
  • I did appreciate that as well. With some toons needing 200+ kyrotech & 100 g13 finishers. Those are a high end commodity. Thank you