Forum Discussion

6 years ago

The Pay2Play TB Platoons

You did it again! Thought you'd learn with Revan but apparently not. Is it just avarice or a lack of imagination? It's not even funny when a whole 130M GP guild can't even fill 1 of them up because each one of them requires at least 1 ship that is not farmable yet. Or maybe it's just your "TB squadron designer" that needs to find a new job somewhere else.

• "ScottyLee;c-1690932" wrote:
    Have you ever considered the fact that EA purposefully does this to give paying players an advantage?

You are cute.
  • thanks, bud, but there are things in freemium games that are implemented specifically to give paying players an advantage, you are aware of that, yes?
  • "ScottyLee;c-1690934" wrote:
    thanks, bud, but there are things in freemium games that are implemented specifically to give paying players an advantage, you are aware of that, yes?

Why being so salty?
  • not being salty, trying to get you to understand the situation you are in. I'll assume from your lack of direct response that you are in agreement that freemium games have certain modes and features that are set up with intent to give those that pay an advantage over free to play players. That being said, TB platoons is one of those things. Hope you understand now.
  • people spend money on all types of things that others don't understand why, for example cigarettes, alcohol, expensive vacations. None of these are necessities to life, but people have the funds available and choose to spend where the want. Don't be so judgmental about it, I'm sure there are things you spend money on that have no intrinsic value that could be pointed to @Darthsm
  • I am not wasting my time with you @ScottyLee . We understand that you are a whale and hope the game becomes strictly pay2win because in the game, as in your life, it's the only possible way for you to win. I am glad that spending so much money on the game makes you happy as it also makes me happy to enjoy a better game without spending too much. The real joke here is not us, f2p players, hoping for a better balance between whales and regular players, but you, thinking your money can own us all. It's not your infantilism that will alter our opinion on this. Wish you good luck in life, you will someday understand that money doesn't buy everything out.
  • "Moldrak;c-1690999" wrote:
    "ScottyLee;c-1690934" wrote:
    thanks, bud, but there are things in freemium games that are implemented specifically to give paying players an advantage, you are aware of that, yes?

That advantage is the use of a character that almost nobody else has for a short while before everyone has it. It should not mean that people who don't shell out $300 every time there is a marquee are locked out of aspects of the game.

It's all about finding balance, give some advantage to the whales while still providing benefits to the dolphins and tadpoles.

The microtransaction genre comes in two extremes. On one you get a few free things to get hooked into the game and then everything after you have to pay for. On the other extreme are games where you can only pay for cosmetic thing but nothing that gives you an advantage. Neither extreme is very successful. The first nobody can afford and the latter everyone plays but the developers don't make enough money to produce new content so eventually everyone gets bored and quits.

This game tries to split the difference giving advantage to people who pay while also giving free stuff stuff to keep all the rest engaged until they have a little spare cash and they have been quite successful at it.

I don't think it's too much to ask that they code TB better so the biggest bonuses go to those who bought the latest items while still giving the rest some access to the lesser bonuses.

Exactly. I doubt egocentric @ScottyLee will understand any of it though..
  • BTW filling the platoons is not about being a paying customer or not. We only got a few ppl in our guild have never spent anything, however having 7* Xanadu Blood or whatever at this point is just the wrong price-performance-ratio for most people.
  • This thread got out of hand really fast!

This in mind, I've locked it. Folks, let's try to be civil and respectful. :smile: