Forum Discussion

DDNyc
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Thermal Detonators — Jabba, Boushh

Hi SWGOH gang!

I’ve been trying to understand how thermal detonator‘s work, and so far through the various threads on these pages I understand that it is a percentage health effect on the target character. However, the percentage of health damage on the target depends upon which character threw the thermal detonator.

For instance, one player indicated that Boushh’s TDs do 30% of enemies max health, but for jawa it's only 20%. I also understand from some of the previous threads that the thermal detonator’s have a fixed percent critical chance, at 20%, and a fixed critical damage at 150%.

I, however, would like to know the percent max health damage from Jabba the Hutt‘s thermal detonator’s. Furthermore, does the thermal detonator damage scale in any way related to Jabba‘s relic level?

Big picture, I would love one of the moderators to explain why thermal detonator’s are so mysterious. Physical damage is quantified on every character. Special damage is quantified on every character. Critical chance is quantified. Critical damage is quantified. Yet thermal detonator‘s are, strangely mysterious.

However, they now occupy a critical place as thermal detonator‘s are the main source of damage from a new galactic legend, Jabba. Doesn’t this warrant a reasonable amount of explanation, so that players can make informed decisions when making investments in their characters and rosters?

To conclude — a very good, clear, yet comprehensive, discussion on Jabba‘s thermal detonator damage would be incredibly helpful. And to repeat a question I wrote earlier, it is vital to know whether or not the damage from these thermal detonator’s scale with Jabba’s relic level.

Thank you!
    DDNyc
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Thanks for all the comments.

So I think in summary:
    *SWGOH.GG has the % health damage info, and we just need to look there for the TD damage per each character
    *Jabba’s TDs do 30% health damage
    *‘Crit chance and damage effects come from the target character’s own stats, as they blow themselves up with TDs. Jabba’s relic levels don’t affect the TD damage output.

Hopefully, I’ve recapped everyone’s responses correctly. Thank you!
  • "scuba;c-2412273" wrote:
    Answer to your question about them scaling to jabba.
    TD damage is actually done by the unit they are on, so critical chance and critical damage of the unit they are applied to is should be what determines if it is more than the base % health

If this is the case, then why bother modding Boush for Offense or Crit Damage at all? Those are her most popular primaries, if thermals’ damage is based entirely off enemy character stats, shouldn’t Bousch be beefed up with Health primaries for survivability?

• Thermals do % health damage, to see how much go look at the swgoh.gg page for the unit inquestion and look at the mechanics for the ability
    Thermals can also critically hit.
    Why they do different amounts? Same reason we have a bunch of different protection ups, because some one at cg made it so.
  • The new units have been pretty consistently staying at 30% for a while now too.
  • Answer to your question about them scaling to jabba.
    TD damage is actually done by the unit they are on, so critical chance and critical damage of the unit they are applied to is should be what determines if it is more than the base % health
  • "Dwinkelm;c-2412747" wrote:
    "scuba;c-2412273" wrote:
    Answer to your question about them scaling to jabba.

If this is the case, then why bother modding Boush for Offense or Crit Damage at all? Those are her most popular primaries, if thermals’ damage is based entirely off enemy character stats, shouldn’t Bousch be beefed up with Health primaries for survivability?

/shrug
    IMO thermals should be umittiaged damage like all the other %health damage. CG is consistent about not being consistent.