Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Thrawn returns

I now have all phoenix toons 7* gear 8.
Is it enought to 7* thrawn when he returns ? Or do i need increase of some gear lvl ?
  • could be enough with omega'd unique's, hera's lead and some good mods. But it's not going to be easy.
  • G8, with omega'd uniques (Sabine is the odd one out), and high-end arena mods can do it. Requires good RNG (read: a whole lot of attempts), but is doable.
  • "Indominable_J;c-1218487" wrote:
    G8, with omega'd uniques (Sabine is the odd one out), and high-end arena mods can do it. Requires good RNG (read: a whole lot of attempts), but is doable.

Exactly ^^ pretty much verbatim what I was gonna say. I did it in a specific order but my memory is failing me. Pretty sure it starts with Ezra or chop taking away storm troopers taunt. And taking away deathtroopers buffs as well. Then on to magma/or the healer troopers. Then destroy thrawn. Zeb is also great because of daze and stun.

• "Vinny_Vader_Vedi;c-1218774" wrote:
    "Indominable_J;c-1218487" wrote:
    G8, with omega'd uniques (Sabine is the odd one out), and high-end arena mods can do it. Requires good RNG (read: a whole lot of attempts), but is doable.

Exactly ^^ pretty much verbatim what I was gonna say. I did it in a specific order but my memory is failing me. Pretty sure it starts with Ezra or chop taking away storm troopers taunt. And taking away deathtroopers buffs as well. Then on to magma/or the healer troopers. Then destroy thrawn. Zeb is also great because of daze and stun.

If you make Zeb fast enough he can pretty much go 1 on 1 with anyone. Found that out when testing him out in GW. Just Daze, stun, stun, stagger, stun, daze, stun, stagger, stun, daze, stun, stagger, stun, daze, stun, stagger, stun on repeat.
  • "Vertigo;c-1218778" wrote:
    "Vinny_Vader_Vedi;c-1218774" wrote:

If you make Zeb fast enough he can pretty much go 1 on 1 with anyone. Found that out when testing him out in GW. Just Daze, stun, stun, stagger, stun, daze, stun, stagger, stun, daze, stun, stagger, stun, daze, stun, stagger, stun on repeat.

They really aren't as bad as people think. Considering what they get you. Just not a lot of super offensive power- but omegas, and zetas coming might be the umph they need.
  • "Vinny_Vader_Vedi;c-1218986" wrote:
    "Vertigo;c-1218778" wrote:

They really aren't as bad as people think. Considering what they get you. Just not a lot of super offensive power- but omegas, and zetas coming might be the umph they need.

I used my 6 star gear 7 level 60 no omegas PS in GW nodes 1-8 and no one died or even lost protection. (Well, they lost thir protection but recovered it). Maybe theyaren't good for arena, but they have got good survivability
  • "Hskull55;c-1218989" wrote:
    "Vinny_Vader_Vedi;c-1218986" wrote:
    "Vertigo;c-1218778" wrote:

I used my 6 star gear 7 level 60 no omegas PS in GW nodes 1-8 and no one died or even lost protection. (Well, they lost thir protection but recovered it). Maybe theyaren't good for arena, but they have got good survivability

For sure. They are a pain to gear - but I never geared them anything more than tier 8. But great synergy , great for gw, gets you palp and thrawn and 2/5 for yoda. And they work great in a phase 1 team as well.
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I also think PS is great in GW. Very little not to like until you get to endgame-level challenges. As others have said, with Ezra & Kanan useful in both Rebel-only and Jedi-only events and the squad giving you Palp and Thrawn, they're a great investment for players that are currently new to the game or still mid-level.
  • "vincentlondon;d-126321" wrote:
    I now have all phoenix toons 7* gear 8.
    Is it enought to 7* thrawn when he returns ? Or do i need increase of some gear lvl ?

At least gear 9 or 10