Forum Discussion

Forwynx
Seasoned Newcomer
17 days ago

Time for 10min competitive modes?

With teams like Gungans, who take up 3.5min of your 5min timer with animations and turn-passing, and datacrons like Boss Nass' that require you to chip away 25-30 stacks in the remaining playtime, it is unfeasible to reliably fight these battles in five minutes.

Wanna just give us a GC timer if we're gonna come out with laggy Naboo Imperial Troopers?

• No CG needs to reduce the animations so we can complete battles faster since we end up with more battles per day if you complete everything. 

• More than likely this would straight up break their game it lags really bad already with gungans 

Crispy508
    Seasoned Rookie

We need faster gameplay times (6x and 8x would be nice).  I've been asking for this for a long time.  1x was the "Default" when the game was first released. Now 4x is the "default" because if you tried playing on 1x you would time out every match.  As it is, i time out far too often on 4x due to the increasing animation times of newer characters.  Very easy fix, c'mon CG!! CG_Meathead 

ZanirN7S
      New Novice

They gave us 4x and then began making animations that look like 2x at 4x speed (play Sith Eternal's link ability at 1x speed, you can comfortably complete a 4-year degree in the time it'll take to finish the animation). We need a longer timer. CG release ridiculous, overtuned dcrons that make teams like Gungans and Inquisitors take 179 turns in a row, effectively reducing the 5 minute playtime to 2 minutes or less. 

Alternatively, the clock should only count down on your turns, like in chess. But I assume that simply doubling the time limit would be easier to accomplish on the back end. 

Extending the time isn't necessary for fleet battles, or even Squad Arena. Just GAC and TW, where opposing team stealing our playtime off the clock can mean a difference between a fail or a win. 

Of course, CG could still just make even slower, longer animations, but changing animation speed to 6x or 8x would just lag the game even more than it does now. 

Tenebrae-3626
        Rising Scout

I especially agree with the first part, about DCs. Some teams rely so much on assists/long animations that half the battle goes by because of just that, e.g., Jabba teams, or lag so much that you just want to hang yourself, e.g., Gungans. Add to that OP or bugged DCs and you get an absolute nightmare. An example of each: the now-expired Boss Nadd DC where you have to spend even more time to get rid of the generator, which leads to Gungans taking more turns, which in turn leads to more lagging; the now- and hopefully forever-expired lv6 Inq DC which stated that Inqs were supposed to call one random ally to assist, yet they always ended up swarming you, there were times where one Inq would end up attacking 3 times because of that.