Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Unfair matchup

I just looked up the guild we got matched up with,they have 3 mil more gp and have 10 more players than we do? Are here issues with matchmaking, because that seems like a significant advantage.

Anyone else face is issue?
    Range1974
    Seasoned Novice
    Lol, that is nothing. I am friends with a guild that’s has about 75M GP, 50/50 participating and they were paired with a 50/50 with 182M GP.
  • Our guild isn't outmatched in terms of GP but heavily out gunned with number of geared up characters the opposing guild has. GP is virtually irrelevant compared to number of gear 12/11/10 characters imo
  • "Tehol;d-146504" wrote:
    I just looked up the guild we got matched up with,they have 3 mil more gp and have 10 more players than we do? Are here issues with matchmaking, because that seems like a significant advantage.

Anyone else face is issue?

Similar here.

Only 15 members of the other guild have been on offense and they've sliced through our defenses (to the tune of 2k banners ahead of us). They could field at least 2 top 20 cls arena teams on defense (none of us even have cls much less a top 20 cls team), so we haven't even been able to conquer a single territory.

Edit:
    They have a global gp of 2 million more than us.

"Stevie_Rage;c-1368316" wrote:
    Our guild isn't outmatched in terms of GP but heavily out gunned with number of geared up characters the opposing guild has. GP is virtually irrelevant compared to number of gear 12/11/10 characters imo

This is spot on. Our opponent only has 2 million more global gp than us but could field way more meta toons at g12/11/10. Where I think our gp has a lot of filler toons that help with TB score they seem to have had a much great % of the gp made up of usable meta toons.

My own experience indicates that matchmaker needs an overhaul that accounts for this or else farming filler toons for TB will pit guilds against guilds with vastly superior actual strength in TW.

You can't make farming filler toons all but required to improve TB scores and then have that screw the guild over when they get matched for TW. Like there's no way that works that doesn't screw guilds (leveling up meta toons to offset filler toon gp inflation just raises gp in TW even higher setting up even more lopsided matches)