Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Unlinking Facebook?

Due to pretty obvious reasons (recent news), I want to delete my Facebook. Just wondering if unlinking my SWGOH account will result in any problems?
  • "Gama_Fox;c-1689609" wrote:
    Not sure if it will results in any problems or not. What is the "obvious reasons (recent news)" you speak of?

Probably the fact that Facebook is an awful data-mining surveillance tool?
  • "Rath_Tarr;c-1689679" wrote:
    "CoastalJames;c-1689611" wrote:
    "Gama_Fox;c-1689609" wrote:
    Not sure if it will results in any problems or not. What is the "obvious reasons (recent news)" you speak of?

Not exactly recent news. If you are not paying, you're product and if anyone thinks it's just Facebook they should log into their Google account and see what big G has on them.

Everything. Google knows everything.
  • Not sure if it will results in any problems or not. What is the "obvious reasons (recent news)" you speak of?
  • See if it’s possible to link your current account to google play or another trusted game platform.
  • "CoastalJames;c-1689611" wrote:

Not exactly recent news. If you are not paying, you're product and if anyone thinks it's just Facebook they should log into their Google account and see what big G has on them.
  • "CordycepsX;d-186946" wrote:
    Due to pretty obvious reasons (recent news), I want to delete my Facebook. Just wondering if unlinking my SWGOH account will result in any problems?

No, not being connected or disconnecting from FB should not cause you any issues. Did you use it to link an account?
  • "Rath_Tarr;c-1689679" wrote:
    "CoastalJames;c-1689611" wrote:

Totally agree. If you're online then you're under constant surveillance and all your activity and data is being mined. But Facebook is a really obvious example of that.