Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Vader Tier 3 Requirements

Republic Y-Wing, 7 Stars
Grand Moff Tarkin, Relic 7
ARC Trooper, Relic 8
General Skywalker, Relic 8
Nute Gunray, Relic 7

Ok I haven't spoken out about the previous requirements because I thought they were defensible.

Choosing these over Rex,Ahsoka/CAT, Sidious/Palp, C3P0, R2-D2, etc - a whole host of applicable toons which could have had tough relic requirements - is honestly a slap in the face.

This is the first time that I've thought CG aren't making defensible character decisions for GLs.
    perfidius44
    Rising Newcomer
    "Bladegunner;c-2290281" wrote:
    For most I imagine the real gate is the amount of signal data required. Even with 3 cantina refreshes a day its still a steetch. And done get me started on circuit boards

You get about 900 (green) signal data per month with 3 refreshes a day. I need 2000 for Kylo (no one is relic'd) and 3000 for LV (3 characters kinda relic'd). So, depending on how the GL cadence turns out to be, you can probably keep up, but it costs a hefty 300 crystals per day.
  • Is it really a surprise that LV requires 4 R8s? They required 2 R8s for a broken capital ship, so nothing should be surprising at this point.
    Whatelse73
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "Kyno;c-2290273" wrote:
    "Millaboreus;c-2290195" wrote:
    Will Lord Vader be worth so many of R7 and R8? When will the conquest come?What if LV was countered by old GLs?

Yes. Yes. And probably not when paired with Maul, similar to JMK & CAT.

Sorry but for that many R8s, PLUS so many R7s AND a bunch of R5s GL Vader should be mopping the floor with anything it stands against. You know, like the Executor....
    perfidius44
    Rising Newcomer
    "Tragamite1;c-2290719" wrote:
    We can discuss the ridiculousness of obtaining this character due to the extreme in relic levels, but really what is the story behind choosing these selected characters for Vader? No Rex, no Ahsoka? These characters barely if it all make any sense towards a storied progression of Vader. What is this? Its ridiculous and a money grab if ever I saw one. I was so looking forward to working to get Vader but now I see that I either need to win the lottery and spend it all here or get ready for 5 years of grinding to stay ever behind in this game, whats the point...

That’s the beauty of Gac: you’re match with players who had access to the same resources as you so money and time are not relevant. You’ll suffer in arena (and maybe stay ever behind) against whales/dedicated ftp though, no argument there.
  • "Tragamite1;c-2290719" wrote:
    We can discuss the ridiculousness of obtaining this character due to the extreme in relic levels, but really what is the story behind choosing these selected characters for Vader? No Rex, no Ahsoka? These characters barely if it all make any sense towards a storied progression of Vader. What is this? Its ridiculous and a money grab if ever I saw one. I was so looking forward to working to get Vader but now I see that I either need to win the lottery and spend it all here or get ready for 5 years of grinding to stay ever behind in this game, whats the point...

According to the mod, the devs don't make decisions based on lore. And anyone expecting lore in this game is probably playing the wrong game. Soooo.......yeah. Take that as you see fit. ??‍♂️
    Whatelse73
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "Tragamite1;c-2290719" wrote:

Based on the fact they picked characters people didn't have relic'd or at higher relic levels. Lots of Tarkins at R3 for SEE, lots of Arc Troopers at R7 for the KAM RNG-fest, etc. But, how many have relic'd up Nute, let along to R7 compared to just leaving him at G12 as he does his job just fine at that level as well.

It is a snub to Rex and Ahsoka, who were with him for MOST of his journey during the clone wars, but plenty of people have them R5+ because of KAM, JMK, and so on.

But it's okay, they gave us Kyrotechs to ease the stun gun crunch, so I'm sure they'll give us something else to ease the relic salvage crunch, or something.
  • "CG_Doja_Fett_MINI;c-2290111" wrote:
    "IronCross;c-2290048" wrote:
    No double drops with this group. Disappointing.

Double Drops are coming August 28th and 29th. This will also be announced in a post later today once the Update goes live.

You all have dropped the ball this past week. The worst update in the history of the game and a terrible tier 3 reveal. Very disappointing and frustrating. Closing my wallet for now until I fee this game can provide value again.