Forum Discussion

7 years ago

All that matters is speed?

So in my shard the top player for quite some time just has all speed mods with a few health mods in his charactors. It that all that matters?
  • Even most slow characters, like Sith Trooper, you want fast. With Traya you want Sith Trooper fast so that if he gets debuffed with something like shock or buff immunity he gets a turn as fast as possible to dispel them and start regaining his buffs. At least vs most teams.

There are very few characters that don’t really require speed. Resistance Trooper generally doesn’t need speed because he gets all his tm from characters getting exposed. Visas also does not need speed for HSR because she’s doing all her damage from assists, though if you used her in arena for some reason you would definitely want speed on her.

In a turn based game the order of who goes first can, and probably always will, play a huge factor on who wins because it allows you to dictate what happens the rest of the game.
  • speed/gear/comp is probably the deciding factors and zetas. but im prety sure having very superior mods and gear will weight more heavy in some cases. just equipping good mods i climbed like crazy, but dropped quite a bit lately for lack of gearing ++ and not running fotm op team, this took around 2 months to happen tho so :p all in anticipation of jtr whenever she arrives, ive saved so much gear i can and all, working on the rest. it's probably a bad decision consider she is probably phased out cause of new legendaries and isnt fotm op like some p2w teams are atm. i guess combing all advantages u can like, potency cross, chd triangles and things like it also. but speed is king of mods, really. and things like trooped mentioned above, or in other spectrum, thrawn, foo, bb8 +++
  • And yet mods dont matter much if you play bastila vs everything except traya lead
    15% start speed, 150% tenacity, 200% extra protection (based on health)

For mirrors yes it does matter however. Just just plain speed mods dont make the team really good. For example GMY should have vs traya lead very high damage and too many assists will just kill the team (i.e. super fast hyoda or other assist calling characters).

Some teams counter simply too much - and make even mods obsolete (efficiency, tenacity mods etc are pointless bc leads are too strong...imagine bastila lead only would give 75% tenacity than mods would matter)
  • yeah bastilla kinda destroy speed in some way, but its not a counter. its more like almost destruction of the previous, to intruduce new ways to cunter. and the cycle continue.
  • devaluate, inspire through ego. to spend. swgoh is everything yoda did not teach you about the force.
  • swgoh is the excat oposite of what yoda would teach us infact. sham on you to spoil the name of the greatest spiritual teacher and jedi of all time.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago