Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Any specific tips on defeating this team?

Does anyone have any sage advice on the best way to tackle this team? I managed to defeat it but I lost about eight of my toons in so doing, and I strongly suspect there was a much more efficient order to take them out.

https://s18.postimg.org/46nosxbit/image.png

I don't have Fun Sack, B2, Wedge or Shoretrooper.

Thanks.
  • Well, if you have the old meta, try having turn meter loaded for Phasma, Rey, QGJ, Leia, STH. Use QGJ to clear SHT taunt. Focus everything on taking out in this order: EP -> Vader -> SHT-> B2 -> RG. You could also mix in Teebo - a second taunt clear is probably good since you have RG and SHT booth to deal with.

Another idea: QGJ (L), Yoda, Mace, Rey, and STH

The other team that would do pretty well is Droids, but you may not have them at the level required. It's probably worth getting a B2 - even if you only put him at 4* (but at least G8) as a utility character to have for GW nodes like this. He's viable enough at 4* for a single battle.
  • Yoda. I've fought similar teams on that node every day for the past week and I usually blow through them with only one team. All you need is a Yoda loaded to go before EP and Vaders first aoe, and then kill EP before he does significant damage. EE in place of RG is much tougher to fight.

Typical I run QGJ Yoda EP and either Wiggs or Landakin as my dps vs those teams but anything really should work. Just have to kill/shock/stun EP before he gets going.

Edit: I fought a ton of them in the tourney too with similar strats. Empire honestly is just too reliant on debuffing to be good.