Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Are healers still relevant?

My strongest character is a CP 8555 Lumi and I get a lot of use out of her. She has very strong offense with a fairly reliable ability block and I've given her lots of health mods to make her heal ability even more effective. However, in the meta, I see very few healers. Have healers become irrelevant since matches have become all about hitting fast and hard with stuns and AOEs? or am I missing something? Again, I get a lot of use out of her heal ability and its surprising to me how few people use it.
  • Still? They haven't been relevant for the past 3 metas aka since new year. They are good for GW in the early phase though.
  • Outside of galactic war they've been dead since protection was added
    Edit: Daka has some use for her stuns and revives as does ewok elder but with most characters having self healing capabilities, and/or huge damage healers and kind of worthless
  • "Zombie961;700491" wrote:
    Outside of galactic war they've been dead since protection was added
    Edit: Daka has some use for her stuns and revives as does ewok elder but with most characters having self healing capabilities, and/or huge damage healers and kind of worthless

Good point. One of the biggest blows to healers besides the protection update is the 10% lifesteal that every character seems to have now
  • Are healers still relevant? Nope. Apart from a few cases previously mentioned (e.g. Ewok Elder and Daka) they are pretty much useless at endgame. I still wheel out Barriss occasionally for GW, but that's about it.

Early to mid game, however, Lumi is great. I wouldn't really suggest anyone farm for Barriss any more; there are so many better toons that will serve you well into endgame.
  • Another very useful buff that Lumi put on the allies is the HoT, which is now flushing down the toilet due to the growing number of characters able to give buff immunity...
  • Ig 86 only if doing droids... Teebo for raids or Cad Bane as scoundrel for events.
  • We're in the mid 70 levels in my shard.

Nobody runs Lumi anymore. I have noticed beating the new Wiggs meta is easier if I bring Lumi in, problem is I drop hard in the ranks after that so it's still not worth it.

She's become a little too under rated IMO. She's still not the right arena toon 99% of the time but still under rated.

If you're gonna join a T7 guild I'd still star her up. I've been glad I did for that reason.
  • "Darthisthenight;704338" wrote:
    We're in the mid 70 levels in my shard.

Nobody runs Lumi anymore. I have noticed beating the new Wiggs meta is easier if I bring Lumi in, problem is I drop hard in the ranks after that so it's still not worth it.

Doesn't matter what you do you are STILL going to drop, any team can beat any other team because its AI not human intervention causing it.

The AI is basically stupid in this game is very scripted.. no "real" intelligence at all just do the same thing every time

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 10 days ago