Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Arena Team farming strategy- Level 72

I've been running Phoenix for some time with great success, but I'm working on a transition into a more viable future arena team. https://swgoh.gg/u/jonesk/

My initial thought was Wigs, STH, Ezra, Lando/boba and maybe try for Chaze through shipments & fleet arena.

However due to the recent changes to EP and Vader, I was thinking of trying an Empire based team, maybe one that could work end game?

Here I was thinking of EP, Vader, Thrawn (only 5 stars until next event), DN (would get him through shipments I guess..) & last member (unsure here, something to sub for General Kenobi until I get him late game?)
Bulding an empire based team would help getting R2D2 aswell

Any thoughts on this?
Would greatly appreciate some input for the direction I should take
  • Great help, thanks for the input.
    I actually got wedge today,but I'm thinking of leaving him at 4* for now and go into farming up stormtrooper and finishing TFP.
    Also putting STH om hold to finish tarkin
  • I did 7 * EP on level 70. Had all Phoenix 7* on gear level 8 except chopper which was 7. Almost all skills at 6. Moderate mods. The fight was okay actually, did it on the 3rd try I think
  • a you tuber rumple has been running with success palp lead GAT DN Vader and kylo unmasked doing real well with took number one on his shard
  • I took a look at some of his vids. It was interesting. Also wondering about the kylo unmasked. I too enjoy him as a tank but he's neither sith or empire so he doesn't synergize with EP lead? But I liked the setup
  • To be honest the other teams available to you are not going to better than Phoenix. Until/unless you transition to one of the other main teams like JTR, Nightsisters, or CLS I don’t think you’re going to do better than your Phoenix squad. I would suggest planning out one of the few other stronger teams and working towards them instead. You could put together an Empire team but from what I’ve read even with the rework they aren’t reliable beating teams like the JTR team. Maybe that will change with additional updates and new characters but at this very moment I don’t think an Empire team is going to be a huge upgrade over making your Phoenix team stronger.

I’m in a similar boat except I run a FO team with KRU, FOTP, FOO, FOST, and Kylo, but I’m getting everything prepared for JTR as my next team. For newer players like us it’s all about getting the characters we need to get the legendary characters like Palpatine, BB8; R2, Thrawn, CLS, and JTR and then also being in a good guild to eventually get Kenobi and Raid Han.

Having said that, you need a fairly strong Empire team for R2 anyways so you should be farming them anyways and if you want to try them out in arena you can kill two birds with one stone. I just have a feeling by the time you get them to the point where they might take over for your Phoenix team you’re going to want to transition to something else like CLS or JTR.

As far as the Biggs/Wedge/Lando team goes I think they are basically equivalent to Phoenix, not an upgrade. I can tell you with my FO team I have a much easier time beating the Biggs/Wedge teams than I do the Phoenix teams.

For reference I’m top 20 arena, started the last week of November and I’m level 79. Given your level we’re probably in fairly similar shards.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago