Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Asking it Differently: FO Squad Composition

I've seen this asked a few times, but never the way I need it. =) It's usually people who are trying to decide whether to switch directions in the middle of farming FO (which I understand: FO are terribly difficult to farm. What a slog for the trooper and the TIE pilot!!).

My case is this: I already have a full FO team, all G10, with zPhasma. But now that we've released KR-Unmasked and the new SF TIE Pilot (I'm leaving out the Executioner, who I'd LOVE, but of course he's one of those impossible 2-star toons for now), I'm not sure what the optimal squad is.

Zetas are hard enough to get that I'm unlikely to shift from my zPhasma lead at the mo'. But I'm thinking that swapping FO Stormtrooper out for KR-Unmasked is a fair trade, yeah? He's tanky enough but has much stronger attacks than Stormtrooper.

What about the SF TIE Fighter Pilot? I don't feel strongly enough about him to know whether I shoudl try to farm him in, and if so, who else I'd take out? Maybe FO Officer? Because I love my current FO TIE Pilot. Both TIE Pilots together could be pretty strong. What do you think?

Thanks for the advice,
Sam UX
  • "SamuraiUX;c-1439446" wrote:
    "Jay_1997_C;c-1439438" wrote:

KRU lead > Phasma

First of all, how come? Just so I know the pros and cons. Second of all, I can't do anything about it at the moment. My Phasma is G12 and Zeta'd and my KRU is G7, 4-starred, and not Zeta'd. That's a long game. Let's start with what I can do right now.

"Jay_1997_C;c-1439438" wrote:
    og kylo to be replaced with FOX when farmable

Whoa, really? You think FOStormtrooper is more valuable than zKylo-OG? I mean, he's a monster! In what way is FOStormtrooper (or Executioner, for that matter) better than zKylo-OG?

I was thinking drop the Officer and the Stormtrooper but never drop Zylo.

100% drop zKylo in favour of others, FOX is easy for the AI to use, FOST is one of the most valuable members of the team, the taunt, self cleanse, under zeta KRU it’s a team heal (5% Health, 5% prot) and boosts tm 20%; OG zKylo is still super useful but is more easily replaced in the lineup; I was running KRU lead since he was 4* g10 haven’t regretted it, hold top 50 on a very old shard

Again, FOO is currently irreplaceable
  • I have all the FO toons maxed out.

If you are going to run Phasma and given the fact you don’t have KRU, Special Forces, or FOE then obviously run the originals.

The ideal team you will want to smash teams will Be KRU lead, FOST, FOO, SFFOTP, and FOE.

If you don’t have FOE you can roll with FOTP. I like the Executioner though because he is tanky and can take a lot of damage and remove enemy buffs like taunting.

Phasma won’t be on your team once you get KRU starred up and Zetaed.
  • Never drop FOO, he is essential for FO.
    KRU is the better leader for arena compared to Phasma, hey he got an easy node now.
    You want to keep FOST in your squad.
    OG-Kylo could be replaced with FOE in the future, because he gives tm to your team and can reduce tm from the enemy+nice dmg
    FOTFP could be replaced with FOSFTFP beceause hes tankier and can call to assist and stun.
  • "andylo;c-1440156" wrote:
    Never drop FOO, he is essential for FO.
    KRU is the better leader for arena compared to Phasma, hey he got an easy node now.
    OG-Kylo could be replaced with FOE in the future, because he gives tm to your team and can reduce tm from the enemy+nice dmg
    FOTFP could be replaced with FOSFTFP beceause hes tankier and can call to assist and stun.

Ok, wow, I really don't understand the FO. Not being sarcastic! So what you're saying is: I can replace my entire team with the NEW team and it will be way better, except for the two original characters I perceive as being the weakest (Officer and Stormtooper). Or maybe I'm lying to myself, and I mean "most boring" if I'm being more honest?

Sorry for the newbie vibe - I haven't studied up on FO, clearly! - but could someone explain briefly what about those two are essential and irreplaceable?
  • "SamuraiUX;c-1440212" wrote:
    "andylo;c-1440156" wrote:
    Never drop FOO, he is essential for FO.

Ok, wow, I really don't understand the FO. Not being sarcastic! So what you're saying is: I can replace my entire team with the NEW team and it will be way better, except for the two original characters I perceive as being the weakest (Officer and Stormtooper). Or maybe I'm lying to myself, and I mean "most boring" if I'm being more honest?

Sorry for the newbie vibe - I haven't studied up on FO, clearly! - but could someone explain briefly what about those two are essential and irreplaceable?

Officer is the fastest on the team, gives tenacity up, offence up and advantage to anyone you want: fost to taunt and up team tm, og kylo to lash out and give 25% tm/clear foresight, FOSFTP to who can call FOX to assist, gives a stun, Fox will hit with a crit to give 10% tm to the whole team:
    His speed and heal (15% under KRU due to 3 buffs) his special reduces cooldown: essentially you have fost, a taunting, counterattacking tank taunting and self cleansing every 2 turns, giving defence up to the whole team
    This is why imo neither are currently replaceable