Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Clone Squad for Arena

I currently have All clones available and up to par for Arena minus Clone Sgt. I'm having trouble finding a 5th for the Squad. I've come up with a few choices and just want some feedback on what you all think I should go with. Cody lead, Rex, Fives, Echo then for possibles Leia, Luminara, Barriss, Royal Guard, Phasma, Plo Koon, or I could bite the bullet and gear up Clone Sgt. Thoughts?
  • Cody lead is only for 2 reasons, protecting Cody himself and giving clone sarge more crit chance, without clone sarge you'd prolly do better to run Rex lead. Furthermore I cannot recommend that you gear clone sarge enough... He is a God in raids I usually score 4-5 million in one attempt and he's responsible for 2.3 million of it, plus he opens your arena battle by sweeping down the enemy teams turn meter and almost all thier protection bars right off the bat, and getting offence up. He's also up there in the top 3 dps due to his speed and TM gains. While you're gearing him (as note he dosent truly shine till omega passive and basic) I'd run Rex lead with RG
    My current lineup is
    Rex
    Sarge
    Echo
    RG and I'm holding top 20

P.S. seriously get clone sarge up to max ASAP
  • You know I actually had someone say that too I'm just discouraged to go for it because I have a lot a work for him. I can always do something temporary for now until he's geared/lvl up
  • I would probably keep Rex lead, cut 5's, and add RG to help protect Cody and add Sarge. This is just my opinion on the matter but to 5's does not fit into the Clones mix. The Clones are all about TM gain and speed, 5's doesn't really support these. Plus, HP for the other Clones is low and they need somebody to protect them, which is where RG comes in.

I have not yet used my Code in arena, so perhaps his leader keeps him alive better but I couldn't say; I know Rex's lead is solid. Others have run a Clone squad and some have kept 5's and dropped Cody. Who knows... I would try, Rex lead, Echo, Cody, Sarge, RG.
  • I agree that it works for some dropping 5s, but I think he adds so much to the team, 5s dosent add any speed, instead he subtracts the enemies speed. His assist is amazing for sniping a toon out from under RGs taunt and he will always ALWAYS be the last man standing. More often than you think 5s can win a 3 v 1 fight at the end of the round, with omega basic he has respectable damage, mine does 7.5k crits on counter then another 2.4k double tap. It's possible with someone more hurty in his place you might be able to steam roll the enemy team but if you can't I love 5s as that secrurity.

Also it's super funny to see a max gear modded Rey with offence up use flurry of blows on 5s and have him still have 20% of his protection left XD
  • "Durrun;572870" wrote:
    I agree that it works for some dropping 5s, but I think he adds so much to the team, 5s dosent add any speed, instead he subtracts the enemies speed. His assist is amazing for sniping a toon out from under RGs taunt and he will always ALWAYS be the last man standing. More often than you think 5s can win a 3 v 1 fight at the end of the round, with omega basic he has respectable damage, mine does 7.5k crits on counter then another 2.4k double tap. It's possible with someone more hurty in his place you might be able to steam roll the enemy team but if you can't I love 5s as that secrurity.

Also it's super funny to see a max gear modded Rey with offence up use flurry of blows on 5s and have him still have 20% of his protection left XD

Maybe my comment on 5's was too negative which I didn't mean because he is a good toon either way. It's my personal plan for trying to get Cody to work. A friend of mine showed some mods to get ST Han to over 200 speed and go first all the time. I may try and do that with ST Han instead of RG, to boost the squads TM, Rex should go next and buff Tenacity which should be enough to get off Cody's gang-r@pe on QGJ to protect Han's taunt and it should be game over from there. In theory of course... lol
  • Definitely going to take a lot of things into consideration and do some more testing after reading all these great comments. I'm also going to get on top of gearing up Clone Sgt asap. Thank you all for the great input much appreciated.