Forum Discussion

6 years ago

CLS Rebels should be meta over Darth Revan, here’s why.

I’m having problems with even Non-Malak Darth Revan teams with at least 10k less BP than my rebels, which currently have four Gear XIII members (Gear 12.5 R2-D2). I started the game with BH mains which led to Chewie, etc. and I knew I wanted to go rebels when I saw all the Jedi Knight Revan teams filling up the top 50 and researched Rebels as a great counter to them, which they are. Now that I have my squad the top 25 at least has become overrun with Darth Revan teams, some of which I’m sick of losing to when they should be weaker than me.

Reasons why CLS Rebels should be meta:
1. They’re harder to obtain
2. They’re the most iconic characters in Star Wars
3. Your typical Darth Revan squad doesn’t even make sense.

1. Darth Revan requires 5 characters to be brought to 7 stars and geared up. Two of them (Bastila Fallen and HK-47) end up in your meta squad so that’s Twp was characters you have to farm to make the full squad. Thrawn and Sith Trooper round out the most common squad I see. So that’s seven total characters you have to grind to get a decent Darth Revan squad I’m referring to here.

CLS requires five characters at 7 star and decent gear: Old Ben, FB Luke, ST Han, Leia and R2. R2D2 requires a decent Empire squad, that’s 5 more toons you gotta grind and gear. Chewbacca requires five extremely well geared 7 star BH with at least som zetas to obtain at 7 stars. That’s 15 so far. C-3P0 requires very well decked out Ewoks with at least some zetas as well to get at 7 stars. That’s 20 toons. And raid Han requires having a guild running Heroic Pit and possibly at least a lot of time to get to 7 stars. And it can’t be a guild where you only get a few Han shards per raid or it’ll take forever. They have to either Sim for 10 each time or you have to be in the top of the results list. Darth Revans event is right on par with Chewbacca and I would argue C-3P0. So you can’t say the events difficulty makes up for the lack of overall characters needed to get this extremely overpowered toon.

2. Darth Revan’s storyline is talked about in KOTOR2, where I the games creators decided he went dark side even though the original KOTOR allowed you to finish as a Jedi if desired. The KOTOR2 characters talk about Revan, but you never see Revan in the game, and your main character is not Revan as in the first game, as if the creators were setting the series up for a third installment to finish off a trilogy that never came where Revan would’ve been more involved.

CLS, Han, Chewie, 3P0 and R2 had no problems finishing off their trilogy and then some. They no problems giving fans hours of beloved screen time. They ARE Star Wars. More than any other characters in the series outside of maybe Leia. It’s ridiculous that an obscure, mysterious character from a couple of (albeit high quality) video games is more powerful than these five characters who willed that first movie to be good enough to even allow for Empire Strikes Back to be made and the eventual massive expansion of the Star Wars universe that ensued. We owe everything to them. Not Revan.

3. What is this Sith Trooper Darth Revan squad about and how does it even make any sense. MAYBE Canderous and Juhani alongside HK, Bastila and Revan would’ve followed the storyline and made sense for synergy. But first of all, anytime you have an unnamed character like a Sith Trooper involved in a squad more powerful than the 5 most iconic characters in Star Wars you have a serious problem.

On top of this you most often have teams with Thrawn, who is from another time several millennia in the future, which just adds to a lack of synergy compared to the CLS Rebels.

Otherwise you might have Sith Lords who wouldn’t have joined up with Revan and other ransoms a lot of the times, because Darth Revan and Bastila together are way too overpowered.

I’ve often killed 3/5 of their guys then had DR and Bastila kill all 5 of mine with a couple aoes. It doesn’t make any sense.

Shouldn’t Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan be equal in their power if they require the same amount of characters to unlock? Again, I went Rebels to heat JK Revan teams and now all of a sudden DR teams dominate the top 25 with maybe one JK Revan team in the mix. I’m looking for a nerf to DR and mAybe fallen Bastila to make the much harder effort to get Rebels worthwhile. Thanks for reading!

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago