Forum Discussion

8 years ago

creating two FULL empire squads... who would YOU put together?

So once Director Krennic becomes available, we will have TWELVE empire toons, enough to make more than two full squads. I thought it would be fun to start a discussion about creating two empire teams, assuming you wanted them to be equally formidable. I'll start by walking through my thought process:

(TL;DR - EP/Vader/TFP/ShT/MagmaT and Krennic/DT/RG/Tarkin/SnowT is my end result)

First, we have two pairs of empire toons with such strong synergy, that it would be silly to separate them: EP & Vader, Krennic & DT. Considering three of those four toons have the best three empire leader abilities, we will then separate these pairs and build around them. So team A has EP and Vader, team B has Krennic and DT.

For team A, do we use EP lead or Zader lead? Personally, I don't have a Zader, AND I think EPs is better and predictable, so let's go with an EP lead.

Next, we have two taunting tanks in ShT and RG. Let's separate them. Who fits best where? Who provides more value where? Considering further, TFP is a premium target for a one-shot kill, and really could benefit from the protection of ShT autotaunt. Furthermore, while clearly different, TFP's buff immunity and DT's buff cleanse serve a similar purpose, so they should be separated. Lastly, TFP really optimizes his unique under an EP lead, so now the pieces are coming into place.

So now we have two core teams... Team A is EP lead, Vader, ShT, TFP; Team B is Krennic lead, DT, RG. We have five empire toons left (Tarkin, Veers, SnowT, MagmaT, StormT) with one spot left on Team A and two spots left on Team B.

Let's focus next on Team B since it has two spots left. How can we maximize Krennic's leader ability? What is the team missing? Personally, I think it could use a little more control and defense, but it would really be great maximize Krennic's leader ability also. Tarkin seems to play this role the best... his two aoe special attacks could really make use of Krennic's ability block leader ability, while Offense Down and TM reduction effectively act as defense and control. Lastly, let's add Snowtrooper to Team B, as a way to single-target ability block, and as a way to give the team TM boost (DT gives enemy death mark, enemy defeated, SnowT gives team TM through unique).

Going back to Team A, the core four are so strong, and the remaining three empire are so weak it's tough to choose. However, I think Magma Trooper wins the final slot. As Team A is very slow, Magma Trooper's TM reduction special could become a useful tool in effectively speeding up the team. I would think MagmaT would be left alone as well, and with his high health pool, could become a nuisance. That leaves Veers and Storm Trooper as the odd men out. Of course, if Veers & Tarkin are updated to have cosynergy, that would likely leave SnowT warming the bench.

So, to recap:

Team A: EP lead, Vader, TFP, ShT, MagmaT
Team B: Krennic lead, DT, RG, Tarkin, SnowT

What's everybody else think? How would YOU create two full "separate but equal" empire squads? And why? (Also note, there are many other good reasons I chose to separate the way I did... Krennic & DT immune to crits, so can't take advantage of Crit Immunity for ShT for example... RG and EP both stun, separate them to balance control toons, etc)

• In theory?

Krennic (L), Emperor Palpatine, Deathtrooper, TIE Pilot, Shoretrooper sounds good, especially with Zetas.

TIE Pilot may be switched to Boba Fett to not just neutralize but outright execute the buff-spammers.
  • Team A: zader, palp, tie, tarkin, Royal guard
    Team B: krennic, deathtrooper, shoretrooper, Magmatrooper, snowtrooper
    The A team focuses on Vader with all 5 characters being able to inflict at least two debuffs, Vader has abilty block, speed down, his leader giving offense and turn meter removal to otherwise slow empire characters, and of course endless DoTs and an attack using this to one shot any non tank. palp can give offense up, shock annoyances like base and do an AoE stun. Tie pilot provides tenacity down, which allows for more debuffs, buff immunity, and with all characters being Debuff by Vader he gains 50% turn meter whenever he goes. Tarkin to provide offense down keeping him alive since he's the 2nd frailest (tie has plenty of foresight so he's fine), speed down to rebels on top of the Vader turn removal, an AoE that can removal even more meter, and a basic that can without mods or crits can get up to 8,300. Finally Royal gaurd to provide defence and health up, slow down and stuns to enemies, and an auto taunt should someone (tarkin) drop below 50%

Team B is kind of a mix of all character types, krennic gives debuffs, tenacity down, a large Crit chance and potency boost and a small protection heal and abilty block on a Crit, deathtrooper grants krennic permanent Crit immunity and the both of them a pseudo healer, along with AoE dispel, deathmark to help for the otherwise low team damage, and daze to stop people like Biggs, fives, and baze in their tracks. Shoretrooper is there for an auto taunt, Crit immunity (excluding krennic of course), and a heal, as well as Crit chance down to help lower enemy damage. Magmatrooper for an AoE turn meter removal and some minor damage (needs some seroius offense mods). Finally snowtrooper can provide further abilty block on his basic, potential offense up he gets a kill on his AoE (surprisingly high damage for an AoE) and most importantly 15% turn meter for his allies whenever a unit is defeated
  • EP, Vader, TFP, Tark and Shore (if they rework AI for Tark)

Krenn, DT, RG, Mags, Snow

They aren't really even team A is much better, but team B has some defense with RG lots of health and maximizes the ability block potential with the AoEs