Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Development plan: GL or not?

Hey folks, I am facing a conundrum when planning my account development.
Right now I hover at 4.9M GP and my immediate goal is getting GAS to 7* and gearing him up. At 90/100 I am very close.
I am in doubt on what to do next.
The race for a GL is very long and I will undoubtedly fall behind, since I am almost f2p. So a doubt came into my mind: what if I skip those two GL completely, and instead aim to get teams that can do all the assault battles to tier Ii, and aim for the next one?
I will lose some positions in grand arena (not that much of a loss, I stand between 100 and 50) and probably lose more GAC rounds in the near future (but GAC rewards suck anyway) but gain many teams that could be a very solid GAC backbone for the future and be faster when the next GL come around, given that assault battles should help me in relic farming.

What are your thoughts? Am I doing my math wrong?
  • GAS mean = quality Grievous team
    GAS mean = quality 501 clone + Shaakti == Kid Adi Mundi Shard == High Score Lightside GEO
    Kid Adi Mundi + all Galactic republic Jedi mean = Mace Windu GL (just joking, but possible)

vs

GL REY Mean = the new HighGround for GAC.
    GL Kylo Mean = the Soloman for everything

I think get GAS and counter the GLs on ARENA with him.
  • That is my thought. I got malak at second round and it helped but not so much. Gas at third round and it is still 90/100 and not meta relevant anymore.
    I just wonder if my plan of getting all the teams needed to survive tier II of assault battles makes sense or not. I will have to relic:
    - bounty hunters
    - Rebels
    - Jedi
    - Nightsisters

Some of which are in good shape and some others Aren’t. Does it make sense?
  • "Wereboar_IT;d-227577" wrote:

I will lose some positions in grand arena (not that much of a loss, I stand between 100 and 50) and probably lose more GAC rounds in the near future (but GAC rewards suck anyway) but gain many teams that could be a very solid GAC backbone for the future and be faster when the next GL come around, given that assault battles should help me in relic farming.

What are your thoughts? Am I doing my math wrong?

Dropping in Arena in that bracket won't hurt very badly. And you actually can perform better in GAC if you won't pursue GLs immediately because you will gear actually useful characters and won't inflate your top GP with Rose Ticos. So yes, in long term preparing teams for assault battles is probably better investment (maybe it even will allow you to get GLs faster than pursing them directly, you can try to do some math based on amount of assault battles per month).
  • Honestly it depends on where your roster is. For example, I have 0 Resistance at even G12, and only 5 FO at G12. I love the GL Rey but I can't spend a year farming for her.
    But I do have quite a few rebels up at G12, and it's fairly easy to predict many of the units GL Luke is going to need. 3PO/R2, All the units for CLS, Han, Cheque, Lando(?), Yoda, etc. You might miss on one or two, but I'm betting on my guesses to get GL Luke ahead of the curve.

If you're in a similar situation to me then Id recommend looking at how close you are to the other Legends that will likely come out. Which are likely Vader and Luke. (Those are the easy ones)