Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Direction advice

I'm looking for advice on how I should focus - I feel like to this point I've sort of been getting characters/ships that seemed like fun rather than focusing on a strategy.
https://swgoh.gg/u/muskmelon10/collection/

My arena squad (zKRU, kylo,FOTP, FOSFTP, Phasma; G10+) bounces between 600 & 400 on my Oct 2017 shard.

My fleet (Exec; ITF, Biggs, FOTF; TIE Adv, Silencer, Slave) can often get into top 5, even #1 (always sliding back due in part to my 5am payout, ugh). But the top players have like 70k > power than me so I feel this is tenuous.

I do ok in my guild raids, etc ('always' top 10, often top 3).

In all cases I feel my 'success' (what it is) is more due to effort than any great toons or strategy.
So now I'd like to fix that. For example, I have no Phoenix team (now building up from 4*). I'm working on a resistance squad for raids, to finish light side battles, and maybe replace arena (ZFinn, but only G8-10). I don't have squad to get CLS.

So, how should I focus to stay effective in fleet, come up some in arena and most importantly keep having fun? I'm f2p so I don't expect to blow away my shards. But my current efforts (gear FO, get FOO to replace Phasma, build phoenix & resistance, max out ship abilities...) seem a little like wandering in the woods, so I'm thinking there is probably a better way.

Thanks for any advice you can offer
  • I recommend pretty much following Warrior's advice over here in his farming guide. https://youtu.be/a2_J_BwXSOY

It isn't perfect, but it is really good, and more or less steers you in the right direction. If you're already ahead of the curve in one of the pillars, just focus on a different for a while. Right now I'm re-focusing on the first pillar (Phoenix Squadron). I got them good enough to get Thrawn a long time ago, but am now working on improving them again, because I'm using the Ghost and Phantom in my Arena Fleet, and because I want to get them good enough to reliably clear the final phases of the LS TB, which will in turn also make them more worthwhile as a TW defensive team.

Based on the pillars video, above, I created my own excel sheet to help me track my progress, and keep me focused on one team/faction or toon at a time. When I get them where I need them, I move on. See below. The ones that are highlighted are my current focus areas.

• Could go the boring route and switch to the kind-of-ending Meta of zPalp, Vader, Nihilus, Sion and Tarkin until you get Thrawn. Judging by your profile it wouldn't take much investment other than leveling up and a bit of gear.

But then you're just doing the expected.

Your FO squad is great but with a few tweaks you could do big numbers in AAT/HAAT and STR depending on phase. FOO for sure and then FOE. He's a monster on raids.
  • Thanks to both of you for the quick responses. An excel sheet is actually a great idea... I've long passed the time I can keep everything in my head. And FOO (then FOE - who does he kick out? Kylo?) + Phoenix seems like a good game plan.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago