Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Does Ima Gun-Di's counter attack leadership ability stack with Aayla's and Kit Fisto's Counter?

Does anyone know whether Ima Gun-Di's leadership ability stacks with Aayla's or Kit Fisto's counter attack chance? Does Aayla and Kit get a second chance to counter under Ima Gun-Di as leader or is it wasted on them?
    scuba75
    Rising Rookie
    "Dekayingsoul;718702" wrote:
    "scuba;718098" wrote:
    Yes it does stack. It is added to it. Aalya has 100% counter and Kit has 70%
    Kit's would be hard to prove.
    Aalya under IgD I have only seen her not counter when she dodges or is stunned.

This is not true at all!! They in fact do not stack.
    What it does is give you 2 different chances at the RNG, you will get the 35% from Ima then a 65% chance from Aayla. Now granted, there is not much difference in the two but there will be times when Aayla will not counter.

In the months I have used IGD lead team there was only one time I questioned this. I went back and watched the video and Aalya dodged the attack.

So I do believe they add 65%+35% = 100% counter chance.

The only times I have not seen Aalya counter under IGD lead is if she Dodges or is stunned.

If it was a 65% chance and a 35% chance I should have seen her take damage and not counter in the 2 months I was using it as Arena team and in GW, which i still use in GW but normally only a few battles.

Also if it was a 65% chance and than a 35% chance I should have seen her counter twice on one single attack
  • "Dekayingsoul;718702" wrote:
    "scuba;718098" wrote:

What it does is give you 2 different chances at the RNG, you will get the 35% from Ima then a 65% chance from Aayla. Now granted, there is not much difference in the two but there will be times when Aayla will not counter.

This!
    scuba75
    Rising Rookie
    "Dekayingsoul;718725" wrote:
    "scuba;718713" wrote:
    "scuba;718098" wrote:

In the months I have used IGD lead team there was only one time I questioned this. I went back and watched the video and Aalya dodged the attack.

The only times I have not seen Aalya counter under IGD lead is if she Dodges or is stunned.

If it was a 65% chance and a 35% chance I should have seen her take damage and not counter in the 2 months I was using it as Arena team and in GW, which i still use in GW but normally only a few battles.

There is not a lot of difference between the 2. Think of it like she will have a 35% chance and a 65% chance to counter on the same RNG. Like instead of rolling one dice to get a 5 or higher you actually get 2 dice to hit that number. But again, it is not 100%.

Alright I think I see what you are saying.
    I would still think I would have see her miss a counter attack at some point as much as I used her under IGD lead. Especially as it would have been a negative in my eyes which tends to get noticed more.
  • "JediGhost117;718242" wrote:
    "scuba;718176" wrote:
    "Poxx;718170" wrote:
    Save your omega tho. The +25% damage on counter doesn't work.

True dat! Hopefully fixed before new raid drops.

I heard that Ima won't help though, tanks AOE can't be countered and Grevious' AOE can't be countered either.

The video posted by devs shows GG being countered.
    scuba75
    Rising Rookie
    "NicolasRage;718742" wrote:
    "JediGhost117;718242" wrote:
    "scuba;718176" wrote:
    "Poxx;718170" wrote:

I heard that Ima won't help though, tanks AOE can't be countered and Grevious' AOE can't be countered either.

It was a misread. @JediGhost117 posted clarification. From datamined info GG basic can't be countered, and tank AoE can't be countered.
  • "NicolasRage;718742" wrote:
    "JediGhost117;718242" wrote:
    "scuba;718176" wrote:
    "Poxx;718170" wrote:

I posted a recant of my statement and clarifications. GG can't be countered on his basic but his AOE can be countered which means Ima lead with Eath will be excellent for the GG stage of the raid.
  • "Malthael;718449" wrote:
    + 1 on hoping the igd lead gets fixed.

This. @CG_Kozispoon
  • "Dekayingsoul;718725" wrote:
    "scuba;718713" wrote:
    "scuba;718098" wrote:

There is not a lot of difference between the 2. Think of it like she will have a 35% chance and a 65% chance to counter on the same RNG. Like instead of rolling one dice to get a 5 or higher you actually get 2 dice to hit that number. But again, it is not 100%.

If you do the math, there is a significant difference. One way gives 100% and the other is 77%.
  • Just to point out, the player GG's basic can't be countered or dodged, so there's nothing new there in the Raid. My guess is they've taken this trait (one of GG's strongest traits) and applied it to the ATT. Makes it kinda fluffy.

My personal experience of facing IGD teams is that Aayla hits back like Dooku... usually stunning my droids in the process. I avoid those teams like the rust plague.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 23 hours ago