Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Fleet Squad

Since ship building materials are pretty scarce, is there a consensus on which capital ship is the best? I took AA to level 50, but I saw Tarkin is getting reworked. Should I start focusing on a different capital ship? I'm right around rank 20 atm on my shard at level 62.
  • They're all good, but do different things. The important thing is to build a fleet that works well with the capital ship. Tarkin is for offense, Mace for defense, and Ackbar is a mix.
  • I'm still researching which ships team to run with. There's such a wide variety out there that it's tough to decide.
  • Tarkin is getting a rework, but not the Executrix as far as I'm aware, only the ultimate got a recent fix. As a Tarkin player however, I'd advise going Mace or Ackbar. I've never not been hitting top 3 during payout, but I also am the only visible (top 50) Tarkin player on my shard, which should tell you something. I chose Tarkin and sticked with him because of lore reasons and I still love him and his playstyle, but he's barely able to bring to the table what Mace and Ackbar can.
  • Tarkin is great with the 3 Tie fighters, boba, biggs, and other dark side ships.
    Mace is great with tanks and those that keep tanks alive.
    Ackbar is great with ships that can call assists, and you can slide most in with him. He's very versatile.
  • Ok awesome, thanks. I think I'm going to stick with AA then and work on JC, Biggs, Ahsoka, ITF, and FOTF as I work on grinding out Slave 1, TF Adv, and Scimitar. Hopefully that starting 5 will keep me in the top 50 or so until later in the game and I can fine tune some teams.