Forum Discussion

9 years ago

FOTP is still alive!

YES I realize he took a HUGE nerf and that he used to be so much better, he's not the one shotting beast he used to be... But in the right team comp he's still one of the best dps, not standout 1v1 but in much the same way Ig-86 is meh on his own.... but paired with 88 he's killer. Let me explain, I am top 50 on pvp right now using Barris lead (mostly for hp increase, stops me gettin nuked a bit) RG and Leia to round out my tank and dps, then qui gon not only for dispel but because he gives offense to FOTP and that's all he needs to be a serious threat. It's hard to argue with a 14k crit on secondary and only 6 star gear 9.. Furthermore I've seen mid 6-7k crits on basic with double tap very frequently. Even without offense up he double taps for 8-10k a turn. Not saying he can take Rey 1 v 1 or anything just saying with good buffs and a little protection (RG) he's still a really heavy hitter. Top 3 of my toons for dmg on Rancor too.
  • People need to stop posting imaginary stuff when they don't even have the char or not even near maxed. FOTP is dead, unusable unless in a FO team. Case closed .......
  • "ChooChoobacca;396507" wrote:
    ... you cannot have him in your team in the top 10.

Finished 6th yesterday...

FOTP is a hit or miss. He still does good damage. But with all the dodge going on, if he misses one of his basics, or even his special, you are screwed.
    If he hits, he can still hit pretty hard.
    He's just not your jack of all trades that you can throw in every squad and are good to go.

Edit: He's still only semi-alive. If a toon can't hit THAT hard, he should be a bit tanky at least. FOTP dies in the first round. A lot. Even against AI.
  • Ok. Reality check. Find me an FOTP in the top 20. It doesn't exist. Why? Because his DPS is significantly weaker than Rey, QGJ, GS, etc. So, though there is more variability in the top 20 than there used to be... FOTP isn't there, because he was nerfed, 30-40% less damage.

So please, EA is "looking" at FOTP. Don't give them a get out of jail free card to do nothing by posting hopeful but inaccurate facts.
  • My facts are very accurate sir, they may not support what you believe and have observed but take into account what I have said and the title of the post. I did not ever claim that FOTP is better than anyone, I never claimed him auto include on every squad in fact I stated that he required support. And I never claimed him to be a great match for top tier arena. I simply stated that he is still alive and kicking (quite hard) post nerf and is still desirable. Granted others outperform him and he has his flaws, dodge in particular being one. I simply mean to show the potential and pairings of a great character who I feel is under appreciated, even as just your heavy hitter on your 4th rancor squad for example. Just showing the qualities and potency of a good character and no false facts were stated or exaggerated. He's not the best but he's definitely still alive
  • "Olfbald;398634" wrote:
    He's not alive. I told him to attack but he missed. Then next round he hit a dude for 2k. Had to choke him with the hose from his helmet.. I mean, he cant tell me he hit hard and then do 2k dmg total in two rounds.

Leia does the same thing, it's damage potential. I personally watched my Dooku dodge every hit from Rey's multi attack. No one is perfect and I appreciate the feedback but while it happens to me occasionally that he fails I don't condemn the character for it on the whole

• Of course he used to be the best dmg / time by far
    The nerf hit FOTP quite badly
    I have him 6* G8, Lev 7 abilities, so pretty fully invested..

Cons:
    He is still fragile, doesn't have enough health or protection to last by himself
    Protection means advantage doesn't get triggered as quickly as it used to
    Increased weighting to armor and dodges make it more likely he gets destroyed before being able to hit

Pros:
    Still operates at a reasonable speed and still packs a decent punch
    Double-Tap prob 45% (or 90% if he has advantage) still gives him the biggest probability-weighted basic damage

Conclusion:
    FOTP (like most heavy-hitters) has to be paired with a protecting tank (I use RG)
    FOTP is still so fragile (or a little too slow) that he also needs to be paired in a relatively fast team to disrupt/prevent opponent's heavy-hitting specials/assist-based attacks
    FOTP can still at least be fun to use with someone like Ackbar & his Tactical Genius boost allowing you a Gun Down immediately followed by Double Tap and if you're lucky doing >15k DMG

Devs prob went a little overboard on the nerf. Maybe FOTP needs a higher dodge rating or something (those TIE fighters are very agile after all)
  • Fully agree, what I use him for mostly is crazy dmg on rancor. Him and leia on the same team is amazing for crits. On average I hit the double tap 3/5 turns with 1 ALWAYS being a crit. When he double taps I havnt seen it more than once in several months owning him that neither one crits. Crits for 4.5k on basic pretty reliably which isn't the best granted, but with pretty decent frequency even without advantage he double taps a lot for combined 8k and if both crit 9.3 to 10.2k total dmg.. If you offense up with team like I do you can see 11-13k on basic 2 crits... He's like 2/3rds of a leia

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago