Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Health mods or Crit Damage mods for FOE??

Generally speaking, most FO toons are modded for crit Damage, and rightly so. At first glance, it would appear to do the same with FOE, but I'm going to make a case to go all-in on health mods.

At max gear, FOE has a health pool of just over 29,000. If choosing mods with health sets, health primaries, and health secondaries, it is entirely possible to get his health up over 40,000. On his unique he gains offense equal to 5% of his max health, which would add 2000 offense if his health is at 40,000. This would bring his physical offense from 2900 to over 4900!!! And we haven't even begun to account for his 10% stacking max health.

Physical offense of 4900 would be a critical damage offense of 7350, before any added bonus from KRU leadership. By contrast, if going for crit Damage mods and getting around 220% and doing the math with his maximum base physical offense of 2904, that comes to under 6300.

So not only does maxing health mods add to survivability of FOE, it appears to massively out-gun crit Damage mods for offense as well.

I know he was advertised as best under KRU, but I really see this guy as better under phazma. Gauranteed crit with Advantage, crit immunity while having Advantage (tons of extra survivability), plus adds 10% TM on crit hit to all FO, all make this character a total stud.

What's everybody out there think? Did I make any mistakes or incorrect assumptions with my math on the mods? Cuz I'm seriously looking forward to leveling this beefcake!

(Late thought... a crit Damage triangle over Health does make sense, but I think otherwise going for straight health is wise)
  • Only raid where the potency cross is really needed is STR as you can't inflict tenacity down on anyone.

Pit - tenacity down from KRU - still gets resisted because of the minimum 15%
    AAT - only phases where you can't inflict Tenacity Down are ones where you can't remove TM anyways so it's irrelevant.
  • @BubbaFett, what I meant was KRU constantly supplies Tenacity Down on his basic, so as long as he's your lead, every enemy in the raid should have it applied. Hence no need for potency cross.

Depends on if you're modding him for raids or arena, might need potency right off the bat before KRU goes. I used him in both simultaneously and am debating switching to CDx4/Health x2.

Right now he's on 4 offense + 2 health. Potency on cross. The new set I could assign has a gold +% offense cross, and there are several potency and health secondaries. And it's marginally faster by +5 without any slices yet. 4 are blue so fingers crossed.
  • Rancor isn't. Grievous isn't. And the B2 isn't. Other than that you can't remove TM from the tank. All three on STR are immune though.

I've been gradually slicing KRU's new set of 6 defence mods. Up to 4 gold, 2 purple. And he's running 212 speed with g12+0. I'm happy with it. I have terrible luck increasing speed secondaries. I know it's not anywhere near top-tier speed but good enough. His diamond was a green +8 speed. Now it's purple +18 so I'm thrilled.