Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Is it me or?

Has this game become so rng dependent that even arena has been taken over by it. Teams i am used to slaughtering have suddenly in the last few days have kicked my teeth in, and they arent even all g12 teams while mine is.... I'm just curious if others have felt that way as well, or is it just my turn to be hit by the rng bug.
  • "TVF;c-1528010" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-1527500" wrote:
    But when squad battles are literally a coin flip it takes the fun out.

Until the devs mail us all coins and make us flip them to determine who wins a battle, squad battles are literally not a coin flip.

Don't get technical with me! Lol. They are literally 50/50, which I referred to as a coin-flip symbolically :-p
  • Its a combat game. There has to be RNG. Just because you have better gear does not guarantee a win. You can reduce the effcts of chance with speed or gear or strategy, but you cant eliminate it completely.

Also, many people think that Nihilus or R2 or a slower Vader or Biggs or a Thrawn going out of turn is RNG. Usually it is just an ability they dont understand. I have been guilty of said misunderstandings myself. ;)
  • The point of thread was op wondering if anyone else felt a sudden change in the last few days. It's a yes or no question. I'm not sure why everyone is trying to give rng lessons.
  • "CommanderRacheon;c-1528060" wrote:
    What is rng?

Random number generator. Its how we refer to the randomness in the game. The digital version of rolling dice.
  • "CCyrilS;c-1528059" wrote:
    The point of thread was op wondering if anyone else felt a sudden change in the last few days. It's a yes or no question. I'm not sure why everyone is trying to give rng lessons.

Lessons are a lot more fun than yes or no. ;) Anyway, by definition RNG will be streaky.
  • "VonZant;c-1528140" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-1528059" wrote:
    The point of thread was op wondering if anyone else felt a sudden change in the last few days. It's a yes or no question. I'm not sure why everyone is trying to give rng lessons.

Lessons are a lot more fun than yes or no. ;) Anyway, by definition RNG will be streaky.

And that's probably all it is. If 50 ppl had posted "yeah! Me too!" then there may have been something to to it. But 2 of us experiencing some bad luck is nothing. Was worth asking though.
  • "CCyrilS;c-1528157" wrote:
    "VonZant;c-1528140" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-1528059" wrote:

And that's probably all it is. If 50 ppl had posted "yeah! Me too!" then there may have been something to to it. But 2 of us experiencing some bad luck is nothing. Was worth asking though.

Belive me I know the feeling. I have conspiracy theories about shard drip/drop rates myself.