Forum Discussion

Scruminator
Seasoned Newcomer
5 years ago

Is the Y-wing better than Hound’s Tooth?

Question for anyone who has played around with it already: In a Negotiator fleet, is Y wing at 4 stars better than Hounds Tooth at 7 stars? I don’t know how viable the Y wing would be even at 3 stars
  • "Gifafi;c-2008741" wrote:
    Is this a real question? Why would a 4* ship be better than a maxed ship, especially one of the best ships in the game?

Well the HT was better than most maxed ships at 4*....

"Vinniarth;c-2010424" wrote:
    Me personally opt out HT with R3 Bossk for 3* y-wing as soon as I get it. Why? First, it was almost the same protection as HT. Second, it gives valor, allowing for Capital ship to go faster. Even if it is destroyed, it gives counterattack to other ships, with is something you cannot ignore

HT gets TM when allies are hit and it's not taunting. That's one of the best parts of it's kit. Y-wing can't taunt until it takes it's turn or unending loyalty gets triggered. So basically the enemy fleet can just burn down Ahsoka/Fives to start and then let the Y-wing take it's turn and finally taunt. Oh and then the Y-wing's taunt is easily dispelled. Y-wing is a great replacement if you need to save HT for a different fleet in GAC, but it's a better reinforcement than it is a starter in the Negotiator meta.
  • "Vinniarth;c-2010424" wrote:
    Me personally opt out HT with R3 Bossk for 3* y-wing as soon as I get it. Why? First, it was almost the same protection as HT. Second, it gives valor, allowing for Capital ship to go faster. Even if it is destroyed, it gives counterattack to other ships, with is something you cannot ignore

Well it doesn't give valor, but it will get valor from the AoE while HT will not.

ETA2 does give valor though, and he could (and probably eventually will) give it to HT, so that's less of an advantage than it first seems.
  • "Nikoms565;c-2010842" wrote:
    I just fought a 6* Negotiator (I have a 5*) and it had a 7* Y-Wing in the starting lineup (in place of HT). I beat it much easier than the HT lineup.

Who were the other 2? I ask mainly because I believe the most effective starting 3 with Ywing would feature Ahsoka rather than 5s.
  • "CCyrilS;c-2009215" wrote:
    "Gifafi;c-2009157" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-2008826" wrote:
    "Gifafi;c-2008741" wrote:
    Is this a real question? Why would a 4* ship be better than a maxed ship, especially one of the best ships in the game?

It's not a crazy question. Remember Malak at 5*?

sure, but a free ship isn't really comparable to malak and his requirements

Fine. Remember Bastilla at 4*?

Or even 3* g8 even before the fear buff?
  • "Vertigo;c-2010538" wrote:
    "Gifafi;c-2008741" wrote:

Well the HT was better than most maxed ships at 4*....

"Vinniarth;c-2010424" wrote:

HT gets TM when allies are hit and it's not taunting. That's one of the best parts of it's kit. Y-wing can't taunt until it takes it's turn or unending loyalty gets triggered. So basically the enemy fleet can just burn down Ahsoka/Fives to start and then let the Y-wing take it's turn and finally taunt. Oh and then the Y-wing's taunt is easily dispelled. Y-wing is a great replacement if you need to save HT for a different fleet in GAC, but it's a better reinforcement than it is a starter in the Negotiator meta.

Well, tactics here does matter. You have PLO ship to get it taunt. In general, it usually survives to the end of a battle. And I have 0 loses on offense against fleets with much more GP than me. Had 50/50 with HT - depends on which capship goes first.
    HT better on regaining taunt and faster (at least now), but have no benefits from Negotiator....
    Of course, my fleet does not perform very well on defense, but I find it much easier on offense than with HT

• "Nikoms565;c-2010842" wrote:
    I just fought a 6* Negotiator (I have a 5*) and it had a 7* Y-Wing in the starting lineup (in place of HT). I beat it much easier than the HT lineup.

Hey! Aren’t you become FTP?
  • "Vinniarth;c-2011033" wrote:

"Nikoms565;c-2010842" wrote:

Hey! Aren’t you become FTP?

Yes - I'm not the one with 7* Y wing.
  • "TVF;c-2011064" wrote:
    You can't become f2p. You are f2p until you aren't.

Fair point. I am a minnow.
  • "Liath;c-2011122" wrote:
    "Nikoms565;c-2011069" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2011064" wrote:
    You can't become f2p. You are f2p until you aren't.

Fair point. I am a minnow.

You’re probably a krill. :)

Honestly, I used to purchase the crystal "subscription" thing once or month or so, so I've probably spent $100 on the game in 4 years. Not sure where that puts me - but there you have it - full disclosure. Because integrity matters.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago