Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Jango vs Bossk as BH leader

My next project is bounty hunters. My team will be bossk , jango, boba, dengar, and cad, all hopefully g12+3 with zetas. I'm planning boba and jango unique zetas, possibly bossk unique, but only want to zeta one of the leads.
This team is mainly for GA and TW. I have full CLS and JTR team, but not revan or Traya.
Any advice on leader (Bossk or Jango) is very much appreciated, I can't decide myself.
Thanks
  • "Kokie;c-1869416" wrote:
    I sure hope our TW opponent is reading this and switches all BH leads to jango....free up some weaker squads for us

this comment guarantees your guild is below 200M GP, and probably below even 180-170M GP, as i know some of the better guilds in around 180-200M gp are using jango walls.
    most of the top guilds of 200M+ GP put jango walls, not bossk walls. and all the guild have 50 zetas on bossk L.
    and ofc shows you are below the 3.5M GP, as there already starting to see lot of jangos. and in the 4.5M+ the rumors say you see mostly jangos and few Bossks L.
    anyway this thread was surely funny, with a bit of sad. shows how the lie of "Bossk L is better defensively" is still here and the majority even believe in it. especially when Bossk is hands of AI is much worse than Jango in hands of AI, so the "defensively" even make less sense.
  • "sirjacobofglais;d-204740" wrote:
    This team is mainly for GA and TW. I have full CLS and JTR team, but not revan or Traya.

With that lineup I seriously doubt the OP is at 3.5-4.5m GP.. More like 1.5-2m. Good advice should relate to the circumstances of the requester.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "YaeVizsla;c-1868353" wrote:
    Generally, Bossk is more useful if you want to use hunters on defense, while Jango is more useful on offense. Though they're both useful if you go all in on hunters and get all of them fieldable.

People always say this, but I think it's actually the opposite. Bossk's payout probably won't ever trigger, or at least not until really late in the match, on defense. So the +30 speed you get off the bat from Jango makes them way more of a threat, even without the healing from Bossk.
  • "Sidious_Is_Pikachu;c-1869438" wrote:
    if i wouldn't listen to the brainless advice of "bossk better defensively", i wouldnt have Bossk z today.
    and since i regret having Bossk L zetad, id say it wasnt a good advice ?
    anyway, if he at some point will use Jango over Bossk, its a waste of zeta, plain and simple. i feel like i wasted this zeta. i got chewie before i had bossk 7*, with Boba L. i used Bossk L for some time, it barely got defenses, and i switched to jango, i cant even imagine me using Bossk L again.
    im trying to prevent him from making the mistake I, and many others did. those many others maybe in the 3.5M+ GP or part of focused TW guild of 180M+ GP, but many regret having bossk L cause they just use Jango.
    also, in most cases im beating Bossk L BH with team of 4. using 4v5 Imperial troopers to beat Bossk L BH. i really cant advise him to zeta bossk if i can crush it with not full team even. for me personally, i see Bossk L as absolute cheese defense, that is very easy to pass. if he'll experience the same now, or in the future, doesnt matter. a waste is a waste.

in fact, im so sure i'll never use Bossk L, that if CG is offering me a 1 zeta mat (not fully zeta of 20, just 1) for cancelling the Bossk zeta, i take it. just like i would take QGJ zeta off for single mat

Bossk is better for PvE events, and having both Jango and Bossk leads zeta'd is extremely useful for 3v3 GA, so not a total waste. Jango's lead is better for 5v5 PvP though.

Most people zeta'd bossk's lead before Jango was really farmable though.
  • "Vertigo;c-1869448" wrote:
    "Sidious_Is_Pikachu;c-1869438" wrote:
    if i wouldn't listen to the brainless advice of "bossk better defensively", i wouldnt have Bossk z today.
    and since i regret having Bossk L zetad, id say it wasnt a good advice ?
    anyway, if he at some point will use Jango over Bossk, its a waste of zeta, plain and simple. i feel like i wasted this zeta. i got chewie before i had bossk 7*, with Boba L. i used Bossk L for some time, it barely got defenses, and i switched to jango, i cant even imagine me using Bossk L again.
    im trying to prevent him from making the mistake I, and many others did. those many others maybe in the 3.5M+ GP or part of focused TW guild of 180M+ GP, but many regret having bossk L cause they just use Jango.
    also, in most cases im beating Bossk L BH with team of 4. using 4v5 Imperial troopers to beat Bossk L BH. i really cant advise him to zeta bossk if i can crush it with not full team even. for me personally, i see Bossk L as absolute cheese defense, that is very easy to pass. if he'll experience the same now, or in the future, doesnt matter. a waste is a waste.

in fact, im so sure i'll never use Bossk L, that if CG is offering me a 1 zeta mat (not fully zeta of 20, just 1) for cancelling the Bossk zeta, i take it. just like i would take QGJ zeta off for single mat

Bossk is better for PvE events, and having both Jango and Bossk leads zeta'd is extremely useful for 3v3 GA, so not a total waste. Jango's lead is better for 5v5 PvP though.

Most people zeta'd bossk's lead before Jango was really farmable though.

For pve there are better leads like embo or aurra
  • By all means I encourage the jango wall.. .not arguing one bit.....makes our tw wins just that much easier. Statistics dont lie and statistics clearly point to a zbossk lead in TW. Each to his own but the spread of faulty information can be bad for inexperienced players just starting out.
  • in this current TW, we are facing a guild that is currently top50 in Territory wars (in # of GP defeated).
    from 3 Jangos they faced so far - mine won 2 times and lost in the third. other won 1 time and lost in the third, and won lost on the second time.
    so overall 6 teams wasted on 3 jangos team.
    from 19 bossks they faced so far - 3 teams won 1 time, lost the second. the rest lost in 1.
    overall, 22 teams wasted on 19 bossks teams.
    and as i said, this guild is a known guild, TW focused, top50 in TW this month (undefeated in the last 3 at least) so its not bunch of some noobs trying to face jango with their Clones.
    this is, btw, the case for pretty much every TW in the last months. offense wise, defense wise.. Bossk getting shredded fast, Jango actually bringing the defenses.
    but im sure the "statistics" shows differently.
  • Sid I just got Jango to 6*. What is the best team with him?

I don't run Jango but I agree Bossk is "known" and easily countered right now. So much so that I considered saving him for O because he usually gets 1 shot. Hes better if you hide him in a back row but thats not always an option.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago