Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Jawa Engineer very rare in Guild Store

This has come up a lot the past few days on my guild chat.

Small sample size but a guildmate and I just payed for a combined 6 refreshes, no JE.

I paid for 3 of the jawa/ewok packs the other day and got 4 JE shards combined, so if this is a business decision at least give me a workable P2P option.
  • Whether it be Sabine, Jawa Engineer, or Rey, these posts are all the same: people think they are rare.

Let's look at some of the underlying dynamics.

There are 18 characters that appear in the Guild Store. There are 5 slots for characters. Unfortunately, I *think* the slots are not open to all characters. That is, a certain slot can only hold discrete characters.

Last time I checked, the distribution was like so:

First row
    Left: Dengar, Gammorean Guard, Jawa Engineer, Jyn
    Center: Rey, Snow Trooper, Resistance Trooper, Sabine
    Right: Ewok Elder, Ima Gun-Di, Luke

Second row
    Left: Zam Wessel, Darth Maul, Tusken Shaman, Sun Fac
    Center: Rex, Echo, Cody

This puts Jawa Engineer on a slot that has four possible options. With only three guild store refreshes, you are likely to see JE at a frequency that is *greater* than one day per appearance. Because of RNG (random number generator, for newbies!), there can be times when that 25% chance may seem to take forever. It should average out over time, however, at 25%.

So - patience.
  • That's funny, I can't get rid of jawa engineer to save my life. Jyn and Sabine are the tough ones to find.

*disclaimer for the easily triggered: I'm aware it's all rng, and there is no character featured more or less. I am joking*
  • Jawa Engineer shows up about 25% of the time. There are four characters on that spot, and they appear about equally, according to hard data from people reporting his appearances. At this point that number is based on 402 responses:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q-UyeOukxolBDsVXqpKcpwyd1tI6awdZWqx5Re4bl3o/edit#gid=687842011

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago