Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Mace Windu...

So is he good and how should i build my team around him, any ideas?
  • "shampoo;31059" wrote:
    "Telaan;30735" wrote:
    "shampoo;30651" wrote:
    "Abyss;30562" wrote:
    "shampoo;30539" wrote:
    Pros: Can do alot of damage
    can remove buffs
    Tanky

Cons: SLOOOOOWWW
    needs defense buff up to maximize damage
    SLOOOWWWW

If you use him, you gotta build your team to maxmize his abilities and leadership. Would be hard to use him with no synergy. so i guess it really depends on what you have available to use. a 7* mace would do better than a 3* tie pilot.

Thats kinda an inaccurate assessment lol ...........
    Mace cant "do alot of damage" lol he hits like a girl (he is a tank so its to be expected i guess)

On that note* hes a tank yet has............
    1) No taunt
    2) Subpar health
    3) Crud for damage
    4) His buff removal is one of the most unreliable abilitys in the game
    5) slow turn meter

Pros......
    Yea he is just terrible so nothing comes to mind sorry lol

I would easily argue him as one of the most worthless toons in the gane and easily the too in most despirate need of a MASSIVE buff or realistically a complete retooling/redesign from the ground up

You can buff him to do +145% damage

That's still meh. You'll be going out of your way to buff his damage to be on par with the base of attackers who also have better utility. His unique and leadership abilities suck on top of it.

Well thats the thing, hes not an attacker, hes a tank. If they increased his base damage too much his damage potential would be too high along with his survivability and then he would be the new FOTM. You cant compare a tank's damage to something like a leia or FOTP. Also people seem to neglict him bringing 20% offense and 9% crit to a jedi team. He's just hard to build a team around especially with the speed meta.

And here you have just stumbled onto the second part of mace windu's downfall... He shouldn't be a tank, he isn't anything like a tank in the lore so why is he one in this game? He is the most legendary swordsman in the jedi order and yet he barely scratches anything with his attacks. Windu has supporting abilities that makes no sense for a tank such as an 'on death buff' even though he is ALWAYS the last to die due to his hp and barriss like damage, meaning people leave him to last anyway because he's never a threat.
  • Mace really should be a light side Darth Maul, as he stands he is more like Darth FuzzyBunnySlippers. :/

I will say his lightsaber has a very cool color!
  • "BentWookie;31480" wrote:
    Mace really should be a light side Darth Maul, as he stands he is more like Darth FuzzyBunnySlippers. :/

I will say his lightsaber has a very cool color!

Yea Gotta toss credit where its due an he does have one of the coolest sabers period. Now if only the devs wouod pay attention to us and fix him so he can finally do that bada$$ saber some well deserved justice hahaha
  • Why does everyone think he actually beat Palpatine in ROTS? Palpatine purposely lost to Mace because he was 10 steps ahead of the Jedi at that point. He knew the appearance of his imminent death combined with Anakin's visions of Padme's death and the promise to teach him to prevent death would push Anakin over the edge.

The movie makes it pretty obvious and the novelization of the movie makes it blatantly clear. The book even makes it clear that Yoda was no match for Palpatine by the end.

As far as the game goes....Mace sucks. I only use him in the tank challenge.
  • Simple answer is no don't use him until/if he ever gets buffed.
  • Buffing mace and adding either yoga or Jedi luke would bring some balance to the force because as it stands dark side owns.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 26 minutes ago