Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Maul lead End game

Does ST work with him?? got DN 7 star Opress7 star SA 6 SiT 7 and Maul 6
  • Well, I'll trust the maul users. I realize abilities like Biggs getting hit by empire means he goes next, but other than that it seems speed outweighs tm.

For example, on my shard, my SA is faster than all but other SA's and a couple R2's and Thrawns. That being said a couple of fast FOO's and TFP's in their respective squads get off an attack after my SA does Dusk shroud. My Vader is at 190. Not enough TM given to overcome the 238 FOO who then makes Phasma go, who then makes her whole team go.
  • Biggs gives 100% TM so it can 'intercept' anyone else who is also at 100% TM.

If your Vader is at 190 speed, he should hit effective speed of 250 and go before that 238 FOO. You really need to push more speed on both Vader and DN to work in conjunction with your SA.
  • I've been trying..with the exception of chirpa day, it's been mods for a week and a half straight. I finally busted the top twenty and got in my shard chat, so I'm really pushing.
  • "Hskull55;c-1184825" wrote:
    "Drazz127;c-1184818" wrote:
    In all shards without prevalent R2, zMaul is still very good.

It stays in top 50, but no more

?
    http://i.imgur.com/jguYNpp.png
  • Guys this is killer news, maul is 6 star level 74 and the rest are 7 stars i like what im seeing
  • "Huatimus;c-1184951" wrote:
    "JohnnySteelAlpha;c-1184893" wrote:
    "Drazz127;c-1184834" wrote:
    zMaul still gets rank 1 easy in my shard. Late Dec '16. Some in my guild in very old shards still use Zaul and finish at the top. It's not dead, people just like change.

Might not be 100% dead, but it's at the tail end of its curve - not great timing to just now be jumping on board.

My Zaul team finishes 1st daily, stays top 15 overnight. Nov 16 shard.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/huatimus/

At any rate, look at the meta report for rank 1 leaders. It's the second most used lead after Rex so there's still a fair number of Zaul finishing first daily and easily. Just because it does not work in your shard is not representative of all shards. And I'm willing to bet OP is on a not so mature shard.

Why bank on a shard being immature for very long though? That's risky. You're just hoping other players don't develop? Why not get ahead of a meta that we know is pretty dead on mature shards? Also, in my first post I qualified saying all shards vary.

EDIT: Also - the OP is asking for Maul lead "End Game" per the title - I don't take that to mean on a newb shard.
  • Well Zaul still gets me top 3 daily while I prepare my switch to empire, and even when I will use primarly empire I am planning to use sith against jedi or rebel teams.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago