Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Message from a noob to a noob..

So I popped my 7* cherry with my man Biggs tonight. I am F2P btw. After tons of reading and some help here I realized he was by far the quickest farm. If any other noobs like me are trying to backdoor it into some heroic raids and earn rewards you have no business earning...this is my advice to you. Farm Biggs. He is one of if not the only player in the game(as far as I can tell) that can be farmed in 3 different locations. Hard nodes, Cantina, and GW store. The reason I was able to 7* him relatively quickly (less than a month into the game) was that I have focused a lot of energy on not only building a good arena team, but formulating a second squad for necessary depth in GW. Getting through GW and the rewards available after stage 12 should be a high priority. That's crystals for 15 shards a day plus all kinds of other gear bonuses, credits, random shards etc. by taking some time, retreating a lot, and using depth and combos to see what works. It's a chore and I don't finish about 25% of the time..but well worth focusing a lot of attention on. I know farming Phoenix for noobs to gain access to some legendary characters early is extremely important ..but I can't stress enough how important it is to build other individual toons that have mid and endgame significance simultaneously because they will be much stronger in the arena and GW until your Phoenix team can compete with others who are P2P or focusing entirely on Phoenix in what is perhaps a second or third account.
I have so far to go and there are still so many aspects of this game I don't understand, but my strongest bit of advice for any of my fellow younglings is to read material from multiple resources and don't be afraid to ask questions because anybody that is at the endgame phase here is obviously extremely commited and I've found the SWGOH community to be generally very receptive and helpful. We are all in this together.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 3 months ago