Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Mods for Rex

Sorry for this, I'm way behind the times, but finally 7*d Rex; whats the best Mod set to get the most of a Rancor squad with?
  • In a standard rancor team? speed, speed, speed. Most rancor teams use tenacity down so increasing potency is basically useless you mess up (and for the first round of attacks, generally you want you tmr to be faster than your tenacity down but you can use the first round to attack the guards instead). Might be an argument for crit chance and damage to reduce the time taken but that's more of a secondary thing
  • I went with potency and tenacity. Added 35 to his speed, but he works well enough for me. Really, 25% tmr in the rancor is minimal
  • "CryGonJinn;c-1133929" wrote:
    I went with potency and tenacity. Added 35 to his speed, but he works well enough for me. Really, 25% tmr in the rancor is minimal

Well it's minimal but reliant. If you want to optimize Rex for Pit only Potency and Speed matters, if you use tenacity down even speed only.
  • "rawman;c-1133961" wrote:
    "CryGonJinn;c-1133929" wrote:
    I went with potency and tenacity. Added 35 to his speed, but he works well enough for me. Really, 25% tmr in the rancor is minimal

Well it's minimal but reliant. If you want to optimize Rex for Pit only Potency and Speed matters, if you use tenacity down even speed only.

I used him for my arena too, which is why I slapped potency mods on him

But you are right, the 25% tmr is often good enough to reduce the rancors tm where another toon with higher tmr can reduce more
  • "CryGonJinn;c-1133965" wrote:
    "rawman;c-1133961" wrote:

I used him for my arena too, which is why I slapped potency mods on him

But you are right, the 25% tmr is often good enough to reduce the rancors tm where another toon with higher tmr can reduce more

Exactly. But I put more Tenacity on him, that's what he needs for arena. For rancor (if I have time for a solo run) I use TFP who applies tenacity down.
  • "rawman;c-1133961" wrote:

it's not minimal when you get him twice as fast as the rancor....

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago