Forum Discussion

8 years ago

My shard after Palp event... (strategy question)

Im in a January shard (lvl72), none of us have palp... but after this event... all our top 50 can change to a massive palp meta (palp+rebelds / siths / empire). Im fighting top 20 and i want improve.

My question is: what is the best strategy to counter that? I can counter a massive palp invation... or i should join them.

I have a geared Jedi team (QGJ, Aayla, Yoda and Ahsoka), a geared Rebels (Wiggs, St Han), geared Vader and im farming rex and boba.

TY and sorry for my english (no my native language)
  • There's a reason he's in the meta and is used by almost 50% of #1 ranked players. He self he asks, he stuns(sometimes an entire team) and prevents healing with massive damage.

Ways to counter him are rex lead, a Zaul lead that goes before the other EP, using Rex to dispel negative effects and chirrut for the same reason. A goof taunter with massive health can also slow him down.
  • I'm also in a Jan '17 shard. My plan is to speed up my Boba and possibly a little more potency. Sometimes I think a bug occurs and the game makes my Boba attack a taunter on other turns even tho he is supposed to be able to ignore taunts. Ability block plus the squishyness of EP means with any luck at all, my Boba will take him out. If they have Dooku, my Boba might get stunned on his counter and that could definitely ruin my strategy. I just started farming Rex too, but it will be long after EP shows up in arena that I will be able to use him.
  • A zMaul lead will counter many EP leads since your EP will go first. But then you get in the speed race of who's EP will go first. But I personally like zMaul as leader in Arena.
  • I love how a lot of people on this message board automatically jump to zeta this or zeta that is the answer, at lvl 72 I doubt the op will have any zetas any time soon.

As others have said, Rex is the best defense against palp, put your best speed mods on him and palp teams are pretty easy. Throw in Boba for the ability blocks and you'll be gtg.
  • "SwarmyStargazer;c-1169660" wrote:
    I'm looking for others in a Jan 17 shard. I'm in top 20 usually

There's a PvP section where you can make a post looking for them.
  • Your yoda should be a good counter with his tenacity up, provided that he goes before your opponents palp.