Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Nest V Padme

Just relic'd my nest (R2, will get her to R5 soon) and I'm curious as to what level of padme squads can she reliably counter? And does she need Qi'ra and HYoda?
  • I don't consider this to be a pragmatic solution. Firstly, you don't see Padme on defense in GAC often (most people prefer to use it for offense), Secondly, Nest is so much more valuable on defense, as she is plug'n play for so many teams and really makes a defensive BH or NS team better for instance. And lastly, JKR (or even Traya) is a much more reliable counter for padme teams. And even a g12 JKR can beat a R7 padme team, as long as you reliced GMY with sufficient damage output. In fact, I usually leave the table with 60 banners. Not sure if I would potentially risk a time out using Nest to do the job.
  • "Antario;c-2104752" wrote:
    I don't consider this to be a pragmatic solution. Firstly, you don't see Padme on defense in GAC often (most people prefer to use it for offense), Secondly, Nest is so much more valuable on defense, as she is plug'n play for so many teams and really makes a defensive BH or NS team better for instance. And lastly, JKR (or even Traya) is a much more reliable counter for padme teams. And even a g12 JKR can beat a R7 padme team, as long as you reliced GMY with sufficient damage output. In fact, I usually leave the table with 60 banners. Not sure if I would potentially risk a time out using Nest to do the job.

Are there stats anywhere showing most prominent defence character use ? Or teams ? It would be interesting to see , I've come across a few defence padme team for sure. But I would think nest is probably more 50/50, way more people know how to handle her now As opposed to when she came out, and a 64 point victory is a big help in grand arena.
  • "Dwinkelm;c-2104838" wrote:

I like Nest on defense currently as it typically forces my opponent to use their DN or JKR there, which then allows me to place defensive teams strategically behind her.

That's exactly why Nest is more valuable on defense. You are almost guaranteed to steal banners if your opponent does not invest a first tier team like JKR.

In higher divisions, where most people have enough teams for full clear, it comes down to how many banners you can steal with your defense. A good defense team is always on short supply.
  • "Stick;c-2104839" wrote:

and a 64 point victory is a big help in grand arena.

You won't get 64 points soloing Padme with Nest very often that I can say. In fact, you probably won't even be able to get 60 banners by soloing Padme. Usually you need to go in with Qira and/or Hoda as damage boosters. That's two body counts to hurt your banners already.

• It requires the right circumstances (gear levels, modding, team comp) but it's possible.
    You need to 1) survive JKA's attack after Nest has taken a turn and 2) resist JKA's healing immunity.
    Farmboy Luke gives +50% tenacity but isn't a real option anymore as most people are running around with a R7 JKA and you need Nest's protection to survive the big hits from JKA, so Qi'ra lead is the way to go.
    Now it's a potency vs tenacity thing and it's gonna come down to modding. If Nest is correctly modded she's gonna have close to 170% tenacity (195% with HY's Masters Training). A JKA that isn't modded for potency has 56% base potency and gets +10% from 3PO so that lets him sit at 66% potency.
    195 - 66 = 129% chance to resist JKA's healing immunity --> we are safe
    However if that JKA has stacked up some potency (especially a sliced potency cross) things can look different. Just assuming he has that potency cross, a potency set and maybe a total of 5% potency from secondaries that would be +50% potency from modding.
    195 - 116 = 79% chance to resist JKA's healing immunity --> so about 1/5 of the time he's gonna land that healing immunity which will stop Nests health steal and Nest is gonna be taken down eventually
  • "Legend91;c-2104919" wrote:
    It requires the right circumstances (gear levels, modding, team comp) but it's possible.
    You need to 1) survive JKA's attack after Nest has taken a turn and 2) resist JKA's healing immunity.
    Farmboy Luke gives +50% tenacity but isn't a real option anymore as most people are running around with a R7 JKA and you need Nest's protection to survive the big hits from JKA, so Qi'ra lead is the way to go.
    Now it's a potency vs tenacity thing and it's gonna come down to modding. If Nest is correctly modded she's gonna have close to 170% tenacity (195% with HY's Masters Training). A JKA that isn't modded for potency has 56% base potency and gets +10% from 3PO so that lets him sit at 66% potency.
    195 - 66 = 129% chance to resist JKA's healing immunity --> we are safe
    However if that JKA has stacked up some potency (especially a sliced potency cross) things can look different. Just assuming he has that potency cross, a potency set and maybe a total of 5% potency from secondaries that would be +50% potency from modding.
    195 - 116 = 79% chance to resist JKA's healing immunity --> so about 1/5 of the time he's gonna land that healing immunity which will stop Nests health steal and Nest is gonna be taken down eventually

I do not think that most Padme teams are going to have 6E potency primary on JKA. It will be offense%. Inwould bet $ that 9/10 have that.
  • "Dwinkelm;c-2105024" wrote:
    My JKA’s potency after 3PO bonus is over 120%

Precisely to deal with Malak and Nest.

I personally really like the potency build on JKA, I’ve tried extensively with Health, Offense, CD, mixtures of all sorts. The potency build is my favorite for consistently killing Malak.

I swap in a potency cross when I face Malak teams, sometimes forget to swap back when facing GAS and don’t notice much difference in offense, so may just leave the potency on.

• "Dwinkelm;c-2104838" wrote:
    "Antario;c-2104752" wrote:
    I don't consider this to be a pragmatic solution. Firstly, you don't see Padme on defense in GAC often (most people prefer to use it for offense), Secondly, Nest is so much more valuable on defense, as she is plug'n play for so many teams and really makes a defensive BH or NS team better for instance. And lastly, JKR (or even Traya) is a much more reliable counter for padme teams. And even a g12 JKR can beat a R7 padme team, as long as you reliced GMY with sufficient damage output. In fact, I usually leave the table with 60 banners. Not sure if I would potentially risk a time out using Nest to do the job.

Whether or not Nest is more valuable on defense is extremely debatable (coming from somebody using her on defense currently).

Slow Tenacity Nest being able to solo teams for increased banners, as well as the ability to save an entire additional team for either offense or defense, is nothing to scoff at. You might not view it as pragmatic, but plenty do, it just depends how well-rounded your roster is and the level of competition you’re facing. Not to mention, it eases the strain of offense/speed mods, which I find are always in short supply.

I like Nest on defense currently as it typically forces my opponent to use their DN or JKR there, which then allows me to place defensive teams strategically behind her.

The whole Nest solo vs Padme is not reliable. Have I done it? Yes. But after her turn, Nest can in fact be one-shot by a member of Padme's team. Regardless of modding.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 5 hours ago