Forum Discussion

5 years ago

New player all help welcome!

Hi im new Lvl 49 at the moment started about two weeks ago, and play everyday and will for years to follow i would absolutely love some strong allies for the borrow hero feature! I will be of no nuisance at all. if you decide you would like to spark a conversation im cool with that too! thanks in advance i appreciate it, Ally code: 728-581-167
  • I appreciate what you are saying but im in it for the grind and to have fun with it i am older and have seen it all and know exactly what im getting into im just a huge star wars nerd and what i find fun is over coming the obstacle "pay to win in this case" and the astonishing feeling once said and done
  • "Shazzzbot;c-2083220" wrote:
    I appreciate what you are saying but im in it for the grind and to have fun with it i am older and have seen it all and know exactly what im getting into im just a huge star wars nerd and what i find fun is over coming the obstacle "pay to win in this case" and the astonishing feeling once said and done

Great attitude, you will have fun then!

There are some good videos out there that can help you out on your journey to avoid some pitfalls and to help speed things up a little.

• I say this with all do respect... Quit. Find a different game. Swgoh is Not free to play friendly anymore. Unless you are willing to drop a couple grand here and there, you will never be able to compete starting out new..
  • This one has a lot of tips for new players. It also mentions two farming routes for new players:

The traditional (still viable) route:
    Phoenix => Thrawn + EP => R2D2 => CLS

And a newer route:
    Separatists => Padmé + Galactic republic.

Both routes have multiple viable pilots along the way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1fFf9EGo84

For more details on the traditional farming route search for Warrior + pillars. For details on the newer route watch Ahnald's videos about his alt.
  • Good advice in general would be to join a guild. Look around or post in that section of the forums. The beginner guilds you get placed into automatically are not as good as a halfway decent player run guild. And you’ll get advice from guild mates.