Forum Discussion

7 years ago

On what ships to focus in the beginning

Me and my friend will hit soon 60. We are not F2P but we are not whales

I run Phoenix team he went with scoundres. We are top 30 in arena but want to focus on the Fleet since we dont really need the crystals from the arena

How should we approach this and on what to focus so we can farm Zeta as fast as possible?
When will we be able to do it?

As a Phoenix user I will probably get the Chimaera so any advices will be great
  • @AnakedJaywalker , for certain ships w/co-pilots are a lot of work. I enjoy Phoenix use so perhaps my post can state, assuming you have Phoenix ships/pilots ready, how does that compare? Was your Phoenix ships well geared, etc.?
  • Oh, and i do recommend home one, you will need akbar to heal biggs if you dont have as many target lockers as a tarkin setup
  • "GulSkiVader;c-1376310" wrote:
    @AnakedJaywalker , for certain ships w/co-pilots are a lot of work. I enjoy Phoenix use so perhaps my post can state, assuming you have Phoenix ships/pilots ready, how does that compare? Was your Phoenix ships well geared, etc.?

Mine was G9 G8s but sabine was 5stars others 7stars
    I liked phantom's kit more than ghost's especially the hard hitting one, the one which phantom fly upwards.
    but i dont see it as effective as the typical meta fleet. definitely not bad ships but not too good either
    The cloak was useful tho sometimes it help me earn some time before using capital ship ultimates
    But all my experience was with tarkin anyway, not ideal for phoenix

Ackbar biggs ghost phantom and 2 u wings could make a good fleet! no doubt
  • At low levels phoenix is a very viable arena team. I'm around level 50 at the moment and 3 of the top 6 in my shard run phoenix. Assuming they continue to be viable I will have 4 seven star and 1 6 star and one five star of phoenix team come the time when fleet arena unlocks.

As such I would assume that Ghost and Phantom will be worth it even if only because the pilots are already my top guys. Whether they are worth it in the longer run I dont know but at the moment Im thinking short term viability.

Basically what I'm asking is at level 60 when fleet arena opens if you have a 7 star pilot is it automatic in the short run.
  • I dunno too much about ships. I mean, I still use Ackbar as lead lol.

My one suggestion is to start farming the Falcon. It's a long farm though, that's why I'm telling you to start now. It's worth the effort. It's helped me beat the #1 guy in my fleet arena a couple times who has 100K on me.

You should start farming the Phoenix squad and their ships to get Thrawns ship. They will have to be pretty strong to beat Thrawn, so they will be in your arena fleet early on for sure.

If you ever decide to use Rebels, Cassian's U-wing (very easy to farm) and Vader are Bigg's best friends. It wouldn't be the worst idea considering you're already going to have the Phoenix ships. You can switch to Tarkin later but Ackbar is great early.
  • in long run, I believe anything Phx is a win. I have a strong Phx team that I had to zeta Sabine to get Thrawn. Ghost/P-II work well together with cloaks, P-II also provides team Crit Chance up. It is a long grind for Phx shards and gearing up as they share the same requirements but way worth it. I'm not a fleet expert but these currently 5* ships are holding their own against 6/7* ships. Rest of my fleet is 6/7* and I'd say Phx ships complement them well.

What I haven't figured out is Scimitar use with Tarkin and rest of lineup I specified earlier. I know how Scimitar works but doesn't work for me. Otherwise if I ran Ackbar, then I see Scimitar work well.