Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Palpatine, Nihilus or Thrawn Lead?

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a Palpatine L, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus and Sion team in arena. As everyone else in the top 20 are running similar variations of that team, I was wondering if perhaps a Nihilus or Thrawn lead might be better at this point, as no one in my shard has any zetas yet (levels 77-80). What do you guys think? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. https://swgoh.gg/u/petros88/
  • You can try Thrawn lead, with Palp, Vader, Tarkin and Nihilus. On offense great against Palp and You dont have to worry if your Vader, Palp are slower.
  • Most I see run Palpatine. However, Ahnald on YouTube made a video using Thrawn lead, palp, death trooper, shore trooper, and empirial probe droid. He used probe droid on Darth Traya. Killed her instantly, and the Thrawn lead slowed that team down a lot.
  • Don't use DN's lead.

Depending on who your facing decides Palp or Thrawn. Under Thrawn your team will get tm everytime someone tries to inflict a debuff.

So it's a trade off
    Do you want more offense and TM based off of incoming debuffs (Thrawn lead) (DN and Soin will NOT benifit from this lead) and maneuver can get you to your skills faster

or do you want more potency (and thus successful debuffs) w/ Palp and Vader going crazy with that 20% tm gain per debuff?

Keep in mind that shock will prevent tm (and health) gain. And while 20% tm is nice, against Palp it's just faster recovery from a stun

They both give bonus to how much your toons can take, under Palp you can recover more but you probably have more initial toughness under Thrawn (for the three that are effected by it.)

I've heard the AI doesn't play Thrawn on D well

Other than don't let DN lead, I don't have an answer for you. Hopefully what I've laid out will help you decide.
  • I use Thrawn dt shore tarkin and rex vs palp squads and do very well. I can sub in others for rex against other squads. Only switch to palp vs JTR.
  • Rex lead is a great counter to EP teams. I've been running Rex (L), Wampa, DN, Sion and GK. I can beat all the EP leads on my shard on auto. Any attacker should be able to fill in for Wampa if you don't have him.
  • "Snowlock2017;c-1528740" wrote:
    I use thrawn, ST, DT, DK, Tarken. I don't have zeta for thrawn yet, but working on it. I do really well against Palp teams because they don't counter. Against teams that counter, like a CLS, R2, RHan, Chaze team, it can be a real struggle. Defense is okayish. I can hold for a day and suddenly get piled up on and drop like a stone out of the top 100.

Best way to use that team against CLS is to run 2 tanks (shore and storm is good).
  • I have tried all teams EP(L), Thrawn (L), Vader (L), Tarkin (L) and DN (L).

DN lead is best result for me so far when paired with ST and Sion - save the dispell for counter buff and you will auto pretty much every team in arena. Great to see Sith making a comeback.

• I'm not sure what's more terrifying-that someone had probe droid, or that someone had Traya.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 hours ago